Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dlesh04 on 25 Oct 2023
  • Thinking about trying this as I am wanting a more real wood flavor along with stronger smoke flavor.  Anyone use these and whats your opinion.  Thanks
  • #2 by WiPelletHead on 25 Oct 2023
  • Not on a RT but here is a member using one.

https://pelletfan.com/index.php?topic=7874.0
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 26 Oct 2023
  • On some of the RT facebook pages there are several that use them especially on the 2500.

SmokeDaddy makes some great stuff, if you are looking for a SS one check out the Bella from Smokin It. it is 304 SS. There is another one also I think it is Smokai or something like that, but not sure what material it is made from.
  • #4 by dlesh04 on 26 Oct 2023
  • Awesome thank you.  Trying to get close to that real smoke flavor like with an offset
  • #5 by pmillen on 26 Oct 2023
  • I'll just offer up the other side of the coin for balance.

I'm no means an expert pitmaster, but I hold the opinion that the sweetest smoke is light blue at the darkest and sometimes is even invisible.  PF contains a lot of discussions on the subject.  You can also search the Internet for similar.

I've used a few of the auxiliary smoke producing devices and they all generated white smoke that is generally thought of as harsh and undesirable.  However, some people accept white smoke because they prefer strong smoke flavor.  I'm not judgmental on the subject because I understand that individual tastes vary and some users reduce the harsh flavor by removing the device before it burns empty.

So, my advice is always, "Give it a try.  See if you like it."
  • #6 by dlesh04 on 26 Oct 2023

I'm no means an expert pitmaster, but I hold the opinion that the sweetest smoke is light blue at the darkest and sometimes is even invisible.  PF contains a lot of discussions on the subject.  You can also search the Internet for similar.

I've used a few of the auxiliary smoke producing devices and they all generated white smoke that is generally thought of as harsh and undesirable.  However, some people accept white smoke because they prefer strong smoke flavor.  I'm not judgmental on the subject because I understand that individual tastes vary and some users reduce the harsh flavor by removing the device before it burns empty.

This has crossed my mind too.  I do have a smoke tube that i'll try first before dropping any money.
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 26 Oct 2023

This has crossed my mind too.  I do have a smoke tube that i'll try first before dropping any money.

If you use a tube or maze mix wood chips in with the pellets.
Pages:
Actions