Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sous Vide turkey.  (Read 1149 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Sous Vide turkey.
« on: November 14, 2023, 08:07:32 AM »

I did this last year without the Sage.

No Pellet Equipment used but i would guess one could sear the skin after the SV part if your cooker can do that, or maybe even toss it on after the brine at 150 for some smoke, for and hour, then bag and in the water. I just used the broiler in the counter top oven.

Also I did the drumsticks separately with some cure 1 added to the brine, and then smoked them later for my treat. he thighs I boned out, but left the skin on, and tossed the bones on the stock pot.

If you do not do the dark meat just buy a breast or two. I went whole turkeys because I am a thigh person. everyone else likes the breast meat.

Below is a link to the process. Bentley, if this is not allowed as far as the link, feel free to remove the post.

And if you are  in the market for a Sous Vide device, the SV Supreme is a great product, I have had mine for maybe 8 or 9 years and it gets used very often.

https://blog.sousvidesupreme.com/2014/12/holiday-whole-turkey/?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=SVS%20Newsletter%20November%2014%2C%202023%20%2801HF4J20QA76D8SPPM0V8CS2F9%29&_kx=Iz44__zdelfhyNhaeOnNTUnfUYwft08go7NcziN6CJg%3D.N8CEQY
Pages: [1]   Go Up