Pages:
Actions
  • #631 by Bentley on 20 Dec 2020

• #632 by Bentley on 27 Dec 2020
  • Arguably the best textured meatloaf I have ever cooked.

• #633 by 02ebz06 on 28 Dec 2020
  • Looks tasty Bentley!!!  :clap:
  • #634 by pmillen on 28 Dec 2020
  • I love meat loaf cooked in the smoker.

What do you mean by "textured"?
  • #635 by Bentley on 28 Dec 2020
  • Just the consistency of the meat.  It seems lately that my meatloaf has had cracks when cooked.  It has been crumbly, and just not sturdy for lack of a better term.  I have started using oatmeal instead of bread crumbs, and I bought a new spice grinder and am running it through that.  It comes out almost as powder.  I have also started mixing the meat and spices with the Kitchen aid (I guess a big no no with Alton Browns meatloaf) and am really pleased with the results.  This was also the Safeway, USDA Select Rib Roast with 35% fat added.  I was very please with the taste.  Had a couple of cheeseburgers made with the blend too, and they were wonderful!
  • #636 by Jiggle Racing on 28 Dec 2020
  • Bacon wrapped,, bourbon maple syrup,, balsamic glazed, Tenderloin

That would be a great recipe to post.
    Turned out great

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

• #637 by pmillen on 28 Dec 2020
  • Awwww!  You go and post those photographs without telling me how I can duplicate that meal.
  • #638 by Bentley on 29 Dec 2020
  • Last time I had one was 2012 in Las Vegas, and I wondered why I had bought it.  Pretty sure it will take that long to heal the scars of eating this one last night!

• #639 by ylr on 29 Dec 2020
  • Of all of the overly processed grub that McD's pumps out, a McRib is something I've never even wanted to try:puke:
  • #640 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Dec 2020
  • I had one a week or so ago as it has probably been 10 years since I had one.  Now I know why I have never ordered one since then.  No more McRibs for me.
  • #641 by 02ebz06 on 29 Dec 2020
  • Never had one, and by responses I see hear, never will.
  • #642 by pmillen on 29 Dec 2020
  • I've never had a McRib.  My dad loved them but he was an "Old country peasant" and admired USA successful business people.  I loved him dearly but his judgement was alway clouded by sentimentality.  His big heart ran roughshod over his mind.
  • #643 by Hank D Thoreau on 29 Dec 2020
  • The best man in my wedding was part of a focus group on a new McDonald's product that was called a pork sandwich. It was released as the McRib.

I'll pass on the McRib. When I go to McDonald's my expectations are set low, and that is what I want. Regular small hamburgers, chicken McNuggets, and very occasionally a Big Mac.

I have not been to McDonald's in quite awhile. The line is too long at the drive through.
  • #644 by ylr on 29 Dec 2020
  • There was one BBQ sandwich far more gross than a McRib; it was Rally's RallyQ.(They haven't sold this stuff in years, thank goodness. Probably a class action lawsuit involved, somewhere.) When I worked there in the 80's, they used to make them with leftover burgers and this BBQ pork mixture that we had to thaw out. Kept it in a steam pan, and scooped it out on a bun and topped with pickles to serve. We'd serve a bunch of them during Owensboro's BBQ festival, and I would just shake my head.....  ::)
  • #645 by Bentley on 03 Jan 2020
  • These are the Beef Back Ribs that came off the 2 Rib Roasts bought right before Christmas.  Took them to an internal temperature of 210°.  They were Marvelous!

Pages:
Actions