Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Hoosier Daddy on 24 Nov 2017
  • Since Perfect Mix has priced themselves right out of my range I now use Lumberjack Comp Blend.  $8.99 per 20lb bag at my local Rural King. 
  • #32 by Son of Earle on 24 Nov 2017
  • Pit Boss competition blend 12.5 cents per pound at Wallmart.  I purchased 7 bags for 35 dollars, and no tax either. 
  • #33 by Conumdrum on 30 Nov 2017
  • Anyone use Camp Chef pellets?  Trying to find cheaper pellets in the Las Vegas area.  $15 for 20lb of Lumberjack is about the best I can find.
  • #34 by bregent on 30 Nov 2017
  • I tried CampChef pellets a few years ago. They were alder based and so had very light flavor.  I think they may now have some blended hardwood varieties that might be better. Why not just do a group buy for Lumberjack?
  • #35 by Conumdrum on 30 Nov 2017
  • Well, not too many folks in the Las Vegas area.  I got one who will go in a GB, but we'd only do 3 bags each at $.75 lb no tax.  I asked the store owner, he says the long distance shipping costs is what hurts a GB at a good price from him.  Not too many trees around here. :(

• #36 by bregent on 30 Nov 2017
  • Did you contact the big online dealer that puts the group buys together for you? And someone in the SMF forum from LV said they were interested in LJ pellets - or was that you :)
  • #37 by Conumdrum on 30 Nov 2017
  • Did you contact the big online dealer that puts the group buys together for you? And someone in the SMF forum from LV said they were interested in LJ pellets - or was that you :)

Not me, but please enlighten me with that big online dealer.  If needed message me if there are issues posting who it is.

Hopefully they aren't involved in any illegal arms deals with other pellet manufacturers... :D
  • #38 by bregent on 30 Nov 2017
  • PM sent.
  • #39 by TravlinMan on 30 Nov 2017
  • Since Perfect Mix has priced themselves right out of my range I now use Lumberjack Comp Blend.  $8.99 per 20lb bag at my local Rural King.

To be fair to Perfect Mix, the cost to ship 'piecemeal'/one or two at a time is expensive - more than the cost of the pellets.  That is why buying in bulk, can save in overall cost.  It can be a little extra to set up, but with a few pellet friends in your area to split the shipment, it is a great experience and cost saver..   As an added bonus, you get to meet a few pellet fans and talk shop with a few new friends..

Just thoughts...

FWIW.. Amazon free shipping- is not exactly free..  Shipping is included and combined in the price - hence free shipping - on paper. + if Amazon is 'reselling'  they will add a percentage for their profit...

As an eye opener - wrap or box a bag of pellets and either ship it to yourself or a neighbor  - it should be an eye opener..
  • #40 by Michael_NW on 30 Nov 2017
  • .55/lb for Lumberjack MHC through a local dealer in western Washington.
  • #41 by Conumdrum on 30 Nov 2017
  • .55/lb for Lumberjack MHC through a local dealer in western Washington.

Hehe, you have trees.  We have cactus and sand. :P
  • #42 by ylr on 01 Dec 2017
  • Wonder if one could make cactus pellets????:rotf:
  • #43 by Conumdrum on 01 Dec 2017
  • Wonder if one could make cactus pellets????:rotf:

:D :D :D :D :beer: :clap:
  • #44 by Redapple on 23 Dec 2017
  • I live here in SoCal and I use primarily BBQrs Delight. There is a local place here that sells them for 14 bucks for a 20 pound bag.
  • #45 by pdf256 on 24 Dec 2017
  • I live here in SoCal and I use primarily BBQrs Delight. There is a local place here that sells them for 14 bucks for a 20 pound bag.
    What part of SoCal?

I am in San Juan Capistrano and always looking for local pellet sellers.
Pages:
Actions