Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by yorkdude on 27 Dec 2021
  • Yes please……wowzer.
  • #62 by Bentley on 06 Jan 2022
  • It was supposed to be a Red Velvet Cake Roll, but I refuse to understand that a Swiss Roll needs to be a Sponge cake and not a box cake, so I can't make them work.  So it just ended up being a Red Velvet Cake Dessert!

• #63 by hughver on 06 Jan 2022
  • Looks like something that I'd serve for dessert.  :lick:
  • #64 by 02ebz06 on 06 Jan 2022
  • If you don't tell anybody, they won't know.  Looks great!
  • #65 by Kristin Meredith on 10 Jan 2022
  • Another AA "birthday" and another request for a spice cake.  Had left over candied ginger so decorated with my own version of a sunburst design.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #66 by urnmor on 10 Jan 2022
  • very nice
  • #67 by 02ebz06 on 10 Jan 2022
  • Looks great!  Wish I could eat more sweets.
  • #68 by Kristin Meredith on 11 Jan 2022
  • Cold by our standards today, never got out of low 30's and wind chill made it worse.  So pulled out some 3 tiered mini-cake pans that I have not used in 10 years for a bit of fun.  Real trial and error day. Could not remember how high to fill, so overfilled.  Had too many bubbles in batter.  And the white chocolate ganache was not a winner.  But lots of valuable data collected and day was less boring.  And they go to Bent's meeting tonight, so calorie free fun!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #69 by Kristin Meredith on 11 Jan 2022
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #70 by Bentley on 04 Feb 2022
  • I have never eaten nor made a Tres Letches' cake, so thought I would.  A made from scratch sponge cake (9 eggs, whites and yolks used separately) that to me was not real flavorful, even with 3 different milks and a layer of heavy whipping cream topping. I did not care for the cake portion, had a friend who has had it several times and he felt it was quite traditional and was good.  I truly believe a Duncan Hinds $1 yellowcake would be a better base for the Letches!  Sent the portion in the 1st photo home with him!

• #71 by BigDave83 on 31 Mar 2022
  • I am not a baker. Tried my hand at a sponge cake for strawberry shortcakes. I think I baked it to long. it did not look like the video I watched.

Thought I had heavy cream, but didn't so made up some dreamwhip. Cake was called Genoise cake. Pretty easy to make, Just need to get the baking time worked out. Everyone liked it so I guess that is a good thing.
  • #72 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Apr 2022
  • It looks good, but I have discovered, over many decades of baking, to back off on the bake time a recipe calls for by a good 10 minutes and then start watching it.  I find that if I bake for the entire time most recipes call for I over cook the cake.
  • #73 by Bentley on 01 Apr 2022
  • Yeah, it looks very nice in the photo.  As Kristin said, ovens are often unpredictable, so checking as it gets close to the end of cooking time is the key to over done cakes.
  • #74 by Bentley on 24 Apr 2022
  • A 36 year sobriety anniversary on Monday. No, gluten, flour or dairy, so I decide to whip out a Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe I have not done in 2 years.  To me it is just a giant cholate Truffle.

500g 60% Cholate
    (No Dairy) So substitute 200g Avocado Oil for Butter
    7 Eggs
    200g White Sugar
    1Tbs Vanilla

Pretty simple. melt cholate & fat, cool (about 90°), cream eggs and sugar till tripled in volume (about 5 minutes). Mix cholate & eggs well, add vanilla, bake in (only have 10") 8" spring form pan (covered with foil so no water get in) in water bath for 30 minutes.  Will be very lose after 30 minutes.  No worries, cool on counter for 6 hours and refrigerate overnight.  All you are doing is cooling eggs, texture will come as it cools and gets cold.

• #75 by Bentley on 24 Apr 2022
  • I do not remember the last one being as irregular after baking.  Will make a Dark Chocolate glaze for it tomorrow and hope to cover the defects!

Pages:
Actions