Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by WiPelletHead on 21 Feb 2018
  • According to Uuni the correct allen wrench is a M3 (3 millimeter)

The customer service from Uuni was very responsive to my email.
  • #62 by Bentley on 21 Feb 2018
  • Good statements...My set of allen wrenches says it was a 1/8...Obviously I am reading it wrong.
  • #63 by Free Mr. Tony on 21 Feb 2018
  • The uuni came in the same delivery with my 00 flour. I may fire it up tonight just to mess with it. Probably won't cook pizza until the weekend. We are hitting another cold snap so kind of depends on that too, but I'll probably just set up in my garage.
  • #64 by yorkdude on 21 Feb 2018
  • I would call that perfect timing. Have fun.
  • #65 by Free Mr. Tony on 21 Feb 2018
  • I only messed with it for a half hour or so, but there will be a learning curve. Did not have a problem with high temps.

And it went higher than that.

It was either sooty or shooting through the chimney, and not much in between. The only thing I can figure out is I started the original pellets too fast, but I'll check it out some more in the next few days.
  • #66 by yorkdude on 21 Feb 2018
  • Holy cow, it looks like it's a fire breathing monster.
    WAY hot, a person would have to know dough or that would turn store bought into useless charcoal biscuits best I can tell.
  • #67 by Free Mr. Tony on 21 Feb 2018
  • Holy cow, it looks like it's a fire breathing monster.
    WAY hot, a person would have to know dough or that would turn store bought into useless charcoal biscuits best I can tell.

There was no way a pizza would have been edible no matter what. Every time I opened the front flames shot out the front and back. I'll have to keep working.
  • #68 by Bentley on 21 Feb 2018
  • Good luck!  The reason why the chimney is discolored is that happened the 2nd time I started it!
  • #69 by Free Mr. Tony on 22 Feb 2018
  • I've got 4 of these ready to go for tomorrow night. I'm fully expecting to burn them to a crisp so they will be pretty simple. Was planning on doing a side by side video with the Blackstone, but that may have to end up being two separate cooks. The uuni just needs too much looking after to try to do two at once at the same time. I was hoping to show them cooking simultaneously, but I doubt that will happen.

It's a 100% 00 dough with 56% hydration.

Will see how much captain Morgan I consume before I fire it up, and maybe I will feel differently...
  • #70 by Bentley on 22 Feb 2018
  • Glad I am seeing some familiar comments!
  • #71 by Kristin Meredith on 23 Feb 2018
  • FMT, you should start a separate thread so we can search for your stuff and not lose it in this thread.
  • #72 by yorkdude on 23 Feb 2018
  • Please remember to stay seated with your arms and legs inside at all times until the ride comes to a complete stop.
    Oooh weee, here we go.
  • #73 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Feb 2018
  • FMT, you should start a separate thread so we can search for your stuff and not lose it in this thread.

Will do. When I post the cooks, I'll start a new one in the cooking section.
Pages:
Actions