Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Soldier17 on 30 Jan 2018
  • Has anyone tried Cabela's Wood pellets? I know they are on the pricier side, but the peach/pecan wood blend sounds good.
  • #2 by ArborAgent on 30 Jan 2018
  • I'm pretty sure they're made by lumberjack, but I've never tried them.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jan 2018
  • i have about six or so bags in my garage but have not tried them yet
  • #4 by ScottWood on 30 Jan 2018
  • I don't know who makes them but I have cooked with them from time to time.  Always thought that they were a good quality pellet.  We have a large Cabela's store about 10 miles away and I would always pick up a bag or two when they would be on sale. 

Since switching to Lumberjack though, and what I am paying for them, I never bother with any other pellets now.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jan 2018
  • I had read somewhere too that they were made by Lumberjack.
  • #6 by Darwin on 30 Jan 2018
  • I have used them for cold smoking only and I like them.  I will pick up a bag of the pecan and peach next time I am in the store.  They have had them on offer for $4 off when you purchase two of the same kind in the past.
  • #7 by Soldier17 on 31 Jan 2018
  • Thank you for the input! I will have to pick up a couple bags and try them out.
  • #8 by lamrith on 31 Jan 2018
  • They are produced by Lumberjack plant using the same raw materials that Lumberjack uses in their pellets.  However the mixes and combinations are unique to Cabela's and proprietary to them.
  • #9 by Ross77 on 31 Jan 2018
  • Looks like they are $15 for 20lbs at Minnesota locations. The Competition Blend is hickory and apple.

The individual wood flavors are apparently 100% with no fillers.

The price is about double what I pay for Lumberjack.
  • #10 by Bentley on 31 Jan 2018
  • I am probably way out of the loop on pellets, cuz I just buy what I can find cheap, so maybe there are many that use this wood now...But they would be the only Manufacture besides BBQr's Delight that I have seen use this wood if your statement is correct.

Has anyone tried Cabela's Wood pellets? I know they are on the pricier side, but the peach/pecan wood blend sounds good.

I'm pretty sure they're made by lumberjack, but I've never tried them.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jul 2018
  • I am using the peach/pecan today.   I have some baby back ribs on now using those pellets.  Will know more in a few hours if the MAK gets to them as I dumped them on top of what was already in the hopper.
  • #12 by Ralphie on 12 Sep 2018
  • I am using the peach/pecan today.   I have some baby back ribs on now using those pellets.  Will know more in a few hours if the MAK gets to them as I dumped them on top of what was already in the hopper.

B-Lew,
    How did the peach/pecan pellet work out? 
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Sep 2018
  • I apologize I don't recall.
Pages:
Actions