Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Oct 2020
  • Smoke two 3.75# chuck roasts at 275° for about six hours, panned, added 3 Negro Modelo, covered with foil and back on the smoker for another 4 hours.  Added sliced onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms and cooked for another two hours, removed, and poured off excess juice.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Oct 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Oct 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by yorkdude on 04 Oct 2020
  • Man that is a sandwich. All the way in until the peppers, wish I could. I have tried and tried.
  • #5 by SmokinHandyman on 04 Oct 2020
  • Looks very good.
  • #6 by 02ebz06 on 04 Oct 2020
  • I was thinking fajitas, but sandwich (or sub) looks awesome.  :clap:
  • #7 by Bentley on 04 Oct 2020
  • Funny what time and BBQ cooking practice will do to your food preferences.  Your sandwich looks good to the eye, and I have no doubt its taste was spectacular.  Prior to 2002, given the choice of shredded beef or ground beef for Any Mexican dish, it would have been shredded hands down, and that sandwich would have made me drool.  Hard to put into words for fear of offending...Now days, it is almost hard to look at!

But the thread has made me think that I need to try mushrooms in my next Cheesesteak, I think a good marinated, then sautéed mushroom would add great flavor to the sandwich, sorry to go off on a tangent!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Oct 2020
  • I know what you mean Bentley.  I have a similar experience.  I worked in Mexico for 18 months about 20 years ago.  I only eat Mexican food a handful of times a year now.

Around here a cheesesteak special has mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers.
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 05 Oct 2020
  • I made almost the exact same recipe a few weeks back.  I used a few IPA as my beer braise.  I love Negro Modelo, so gotta try that next time.  Oh, man, that sandwich looks awesome.
  • #10 by pmillen on 05 Oct 2020
  • Lew, you're the pulled beef guru.

Anyone that's just thinking of trying it for the first time won't go wrong by following Lew's lead.
  • #11 by BigDave83 on 06 Oct 2020
  • That looks like a great sammich, I would have had some mushrooms also, but the people that would help me eat it would not eat it it. Sadly the peppers and onions may be a stretch for mos of them. I think I could get the GF to eat this she like fajitas with chicken.

Did you foil after adding the peppers and onions?
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Oct 2020

• Did you foil after adding the peppers and onions?

Yes.  This time I put them on near the end.  The peppers tend to dissolve if you put them in too early.
  • #13 by reubenray on 01 Nov 2020
  • I did a 3.5 pound Chuck Roast from Sam's Club yesterday and it is the best one yet that I have done.  At the 8 hour point it has reached 210+- and I let it smoke for two more hours.  I then wrapped it with a couple of towels and let it set for two more hours.   My wife said it was the easiest one to pull we have done so for.  It was still hot after two hours.  It was put into the refrigerator and we will defat it today and start eating it.  Our Yorkie knew it was good when she starts doing her prancing and begging for some.
  • #14 by Bentley on 01 Nov 2020
  • Do any of you all ever make chili Colorado with your Chuck?
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Nov 2020
  • Do any of you all ever make chili Colorado with your Chuck?

yes
Pages:
Actions