Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Nov 2020
  • Today was make-up a dessert day at the Merediths.  A few years back, I entered a dessert at a bbq comp that the Pelletfan Team competed at in Jeffersonville, Indiana where we were required to use a flavoured vodka in the dessert.  Our neighbors at Old House Distillery gave me some vodka and I put a fresh vanilla bean in it and let it sit and it became vanilla vodka.  Made my dessert for the contest (won 1st!) and the remaining vodka (probably a third of a cup) has just sat in the cupboard.

So, I had the dried cherries which JD and Sally Messner sent from Michigan.  Took a handful and tossed into the vanilla vodka and let them soak overnight.  Tasted and it was still pretty "alcohol-y" for me, so heated and then set the warm cherries on fire with a lighter  -- sorry no pic, but it was a show! Cut up 3 pears which were very ripe, mixed in the soaked cherries plus some more dried cherries and tossed in a little brown sugar.  Put in a baking dish, made a crumble top with butter, brown sugar, flour and oatmeal and baked for an hour.  Just tasted it -- pretty good for a made-up with  left-overs dessert!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Nov 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by hughver on 02 Nov 2020
  • Looks delicious.  :lick:
  • #4 by urnmor on 02 Nov 2020
  • As always it looks delicious.
  • #5 by pmillen on 02 Nov 2020
  • Now that's cookin'!
Pages: