Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by dk117 on 02 Feb 2022
  • I would guess not having them is due to you being in a denser population, slowing down the distribution.
    Got mine in 7 days, they originally said 10, don't know where they are, but I have them.
    I got mine in about 4 days.  I tested positive (amazon tests) and ordered everything I could three weeks ago ... waited 5 days for Amazon, got the US ones and state of Washington ones.  I'm now sitting on about 12 test kits.   I guess that makes me a hoarder, but justified for my immuno compromised SIL and 90 year old grandmother.   Distribution is certainly better in denser populations.

DK
  • #47 by dk117 on 02 Feb 2022
  • and it took two weeks for me to test negative.   Thus using three test kits. 
  • #48 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Feb 2022
  • Follow up.  Went to ER on Thursday afternoon and was lucky to get into a room right away.  Just got home today.  Somehow became one of 10k lucky people in the USA each year to get Legionaires Disease.  It is a bacterial pneumonia.  Antibiotics and some breathing therapy for 10 days and should be back to normal then.
  • #49 by okie smokie on 05 Feb 2022
  • Ironic that these tests were purchased from China.
  • #50 by 02ebz06 on 05 Feb 2022
  • That sucks.  I'm guessing that reliability will be poor like a lot that comes from there.
  • #51 by Kristin Meredith on 05 Feb 2022
  • Follow up.  Went to ER on Thursday afternoon and was lucky to get into a room right away.  Just got home today.  Somehow became one of 10k lucky people in the USA each year to get Legionaires Disease.  It is a bacterial pneumonia.  Antibiotics and some breathing therapy for 10 days and should be back to normal then.

Sorry Lew, hope you are on the mend!
  • #52 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Feb 2022
  • Once they finally gave me some breathing therapy I have been feeling better throughout the day.  Thank you!
  • #53 by Bentley on 05 Feb 2022
  • Glad you are on the mend!  China does not care about the quality, just the commerce.
  • #54 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Feb 2022
  • Glad you are on the mend!  China does not care about the quality, just the commerce.

Thank you.  I am guessing I was probably 24 hours away from being in some big trouble.  Glad I went to the Emergency Room.
  • #55 by 02ebz06 on 06 Feb 2022
  • Glad you are doing OK.
  • #56 by Bar-B-Lew on 06 Feb 2022
  • Glad you are doing OK.

Thank you.

I did get the PCR covid test about 3 hours before I went to the hospital.  Got those results in the middle of the night that they were negative.  The ER room doctors already figured that out via a chest x-ray.

My home test kits did show up yesterday.  I will be in trouble if I need to be using them in the next few weeks.
  • #57 by yorkdude on 07 Feb 2022
  • Glad to hear you got the help you needed. Stay safe and our hope for a speedy and thorough recovery.
  • #58 by hughver on 07 Feb 2022
  • Glan to hear that you are OK.
  • #59 by BigDave83 on 07 Feb 2022
  • Have not heard of that Disease in many years.

Great to hear you are recovering.
  • #60 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Feb 2022
  • Thanks, everyone.  Get a little bit better everyday.
Pages:
Actions