Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by hughver on 24 Oct 2023
  • Ever since my GMG DC went belly up I've been on the lookout for a replacement. Today I came across a Z Grill at a local grocery store for $160 that had good reviews and a PID controller. What say you?
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 24 Oct 2023
  • ZGrills came about after Grilla came out, probably the same company made them, they were Identical except for the controller back then. Since then they seem to have added more models.

For $160 if it seems to be built nice and meet your needs, I would buy it. It probably has some sort of  warranty.

Cheapest one on their site is 300 for the table top model.

Warranty from their site 3 years, it doesn't cover some things.

https://www.zgrills.com/pages/warranty-policy
  • #3 by Canadian John on 24 Oct 2023

•  Hard to go wrong for $160.  If it does what you want it to and works for a year or two - I would go for it...  Heck, you could use it for a year & sell it for what you payed, or

more if it was well kept & working.
  • #4 by jdmessner on 24 Oct 2023
  • The people I know with Z Grills love them. I would say that is a heck of a deal.
  • #5 by pmillen on 24 Oct 2023
  • Well, yeah.  That's a score!  Their web site shows their least expensive model is $799.00.  It's on sale, now, at $599.00.
  • #6 by hughver on 25 Oct 2023
  • yes, if something seems too good to be true, it normally is. It seems that I was a day late and a dollar short, the sale ended yesterday, so still looking.
  • #7 by pmillen on 25 Oct 2023
  • Dang!
  • #8 by hughver on 26 Oct 2023
  • Maybe a good Black Friday deal will present itself and I'll pull the trigger then.
  • #9 by jdmessner on 26 Oct 2023
  • Maybe a good Black Friday deal will present itself and I'll pull the trigger then.

Do keep an eye out for Black Friday deals. If I remember correctly Z-Grills had some very unique and good deals out there around the holidays. I remember they had some sort of mystery box deal. When I was shopping for a grill it was one of those things that I would have loved to see someone else try, but I couldn't pull the trigger for myself. At the time I was looking at a GMG DC, the Z-Grill and the Grilla Chip. I ended up with the Chimp, which I have really enjoyed.

Pages:
Actions