Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by old smoker on 16 Jan 2018
  • Hi everyone I am a Newby to this site I would like some tips from Memphis users. I just bought a Memphis elite used. By the serial number I think its an early one. No wi fi only one probe. I still have my faithful Trager that I modified for better temp control new controller, firebrick in the bottom half and a welding blanket. I am hoping that I will not have to do this on the Memphis any tips much appreciated Jim
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Jan 2018
  • I have not made any modifications to my Elite that I have had for 5-6 years.  The pit holds a steady temp once it gets there and is pretty even left to right and front to back.  If you put food that overhangs the drip pan, it will be hotter there.  What do you think you would need to modify?
  • #3 by Canadian John on 16 Jan 2018
  •  Jim, If your are after modifications, baby sitting, rusting, hard to maintain and uneven temps, you have the wrong pit. Once you have used it you should be impressed..The only inital advice is to cleanout the burnpot after or before each use..Make sure the hole

below the igniter is unobstructed. That is where the hot  air from the igniter enters the pot.

I would also recommend that you go to the Memphis website and print out the owners manual. The pit model and s/n will be required to aces the correct manual. 
  • #4 by GrillinGlen on 16 Jan 2018
  • Ive had a Memphis pro (its little brother) for about 7 years, i agree with C. John about mods.  The only things i changed were upgrading to the open flame and i cut the grates in half like the newer ones.  I also clean my burn pot every time unless its a very short cook. 
  • #5 by TravlinMan on 16 Jan 2018
  • Ive had a Memphis pro (its little brother) for about 7 years, i agree with C. John about mods.  The only things i changed were upgrading to the open flame and i cut the grates in half like the newer ones.  I also clean my burn pot every time unless its a very short cook.

What he ^ said.. :bbq:

Memphis pro - works excellent - right out of box... Only thing I have done with mine is to make a pair of upper level grates. 
  • #6 by LTS on 16 Jan 2018
  •  I have a pro also and
    ++ IT JUST WORKS !!!!! all the time 

Randy
  • #7 by ZCZ on 17 Jan 2018
  • I have a pro also and

Randy

Glad to see you found us Randy!  I believe you were one of the first to own a Select - do you still have it and how is it doing?  My Select at the cabin keeps on churning.

• #8 by ZCZ on 17 Jan 2018

What he ^ said.. :bbq:

Memphis pro - works excellent - right out of box... Only thing I have done with mine is to make a pair of upper level grates.

Would you mind posting a picture of your upper grates?
    Thanks!
  • #9 by Quadman750 on 17 Jan 2018
  • No mods here, I haven’t had any reason for any on my Pro or Elite. They have done me very well so far.
  • #10 by LTS on 17 Jan 2018
  • I have a pro also and

Randy

Glad to see you found us Randy!  I believe you were one of the first to own a Select - do you still have it and how is it doing?  My Select at the cabin keeps on churning.

Nope upgraded to a pro AWESOME machine !!!
  • #11 by TravlinMan on 18 Jan 2018
  • Quote from: ZCZ link=topic=1572.msg17554

Would you mind posting a picture of your upper grates?
    Thanks!

Z- they are a clone of the factory upper grate.  Just like the optional factory grates, the only way to tell them apart are the welds - factory is resistance/spot, while mine are Tig welded.

.   :bbq:

Factory one on left.. clones to the right..
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Jan 2018
  • Nice work on those upper racks.  I use all three upper racks at times.  Certainly worth having.
  • #13 by Quadman750 on 18 Jan 2018
  • Nice work on those upper racks.  I use all three upper racks at times.  Certainly worth having.

X2
  • #14 by waskawood on 18 Jan 2018
  • Did you buy the Elite that had been on Craigslist for months? I watched that one but couldn't pull the trigger. Enjoy your Memphis. Welcome to Pellet Fan.
  • #15 by ZCZ on 18 Jan 2018
  • Indeed. Having all three racks is handy from time to time.
    This is my Pro. Smoking sausages for the Easter breakfast at church last year.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Pages:
Actions