Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LG800 at Costco  (Read 8842 times)

Yellow-03

• Using less gas.
Re: LG800 at Costco
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »

I called LG customer support.  Within 5 minutes of placing the call I had already received via email the programming instructions as well as two separate programs... one they call a summer program and one a winter program.  So you can't beat that for a response.  He suspects, but I have not yet verified, that because of when I got mine it has the winter program preloaded, which was created to help maintain the ability to reach high temps in cold weather... but causes overshoots with higher ambient temps like we've seen recently in OH.  When I get some time I'll see what was loaded from the factory and compare to the two programs which were sent.

The thing I asked for, but did not receive, was a key to the settings... ie what does each setting do, and the bounds within which each setting can change.  He says this has not been released.  Anyone have this by chance?
Cookshack PG-500 (Sep 2018 - Present)
Louisiana Grills LG800E (May 2018 - Sep 2018)
Cookshack FEC-100 (2009 - Present)
Traeger Lil' Tex (2006 - Oct 2018 - gave to son)

lyork

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 06:16:24 PM »

I called LG customer support.  Within 5 minutes of placing the call I had already received via email the programming instructions as well as two separate programs... one they call a summer program and one a winter program.  So you can't beat that for a response.  He suspects, but I have not yet verified, that because of when I got mine it has the winter program preloaded, which was created to help maintain the ability to reach high temps in cold weather... but causes overshoots with higher ambient temps like we've seen recently in OH.  When I get some time I'll see what was loaded from the factory and compare to the two programs which were sent.

The thing I asked for, but did not receive, was a key to the settings... ie what does each setting do, and the bounds within which each setting can change.  He says this has not been released.  Anyone have this by chance?
Interesting...so how do you “load” the program in? Via a USB or.......?

Yellow-03

• Using less gas.
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2018, 11:59:42 AM »

You enter some key presses to put the controller in programming mode, then cycle through the settings changing the ones they tell you to change.
Cookshack PG-500 (Sep 2018 - Present)
Louisiana Grills LG800E (May 2018 - Sep 2018)
Cookshack FEC-100 (2009 - Present)
Traeger Lil' Tex (2006 - Oct 2018 - gave to son)

Vince_of_the_Midwest

• Lurker
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 05:47:13 PM »

As a thread revivalist, I too have an LG800E.  Picked it up in June from Costco, and have been very happy learning to use it.  So far, I've smoked stuffed veggies, pizzas, steaks, chicken, burgers, and other goodies.  It has been reliable and consistent.  I have noticed others had a custom extension hopper fab'd up, and I am looking to do the same.  I pm'd silverbullet for the contact info.  If you've had the hopper made by the same shop, how has it held up for you?  Thanks!

nigilcv

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 08:32:50 PM »

So far the hopper has held up well...I pm,d you the details of the shop. I did a brisket a few weeks ago and filled the entire hopper up, and had some left over. I did take out the safety grate as it was a pain to clean up the unused pellets.

It also fits quite well with the factory hopper and the lid from the factory sits snug along the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 12:13:28 AM »

As a thread revivalist, I too have an LG800E.  Picked it up in June from Costco, and have been very happy learning to use it.  So far, I've smoked stuffed veggies, pizzas, steaks, chicken, burgers, and other goodies.  It has been reliable and consistent.  I have noticed others had a custom extension hopper fab'd up, and I am looking to do the same.  I pm'd silverbullet for the contact info.  If you've had the hopper made by the same shop, how has it held up for you?  Thanks!

PM'ed ya the info!
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »

Thank you!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

pnwgrllr

• Lurker
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2018, 10:38:49 AM »

I emailed LG about the size of the hopper on the LG800E and they sent me a link to a page on their site to order a 20# extension for $49.  I am new to the forum and I believe I am not allowed to post links.  Let me know if you'd like the link and I will PM it to you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up