Actions
  • #46 by SmokinHandyman on 06 Jul 2021
  • My local butcher has bacon wrapped fillets for $30.99 #
    Not getting them.
    Choice whole packer brisket $5.99#
    Not getting that either.

Milk $3.79 gal.
  • #47 by 02ebz06 on 21 Jul 2021
  • Just came back from Shamrock's Food Service Warehouse a bit ago.
    Meat prices are definitely up.
  • #48 by urnmor on 21 Jul 2021
  • If meat prices continue to rise the way they have been a lot of small family owned butcher shops will be closing.  Just my opinion
  • #49 by 02ebz06 on 21 Jul 2021
  • If meat prices continue to rise the way they have been a lot of small family owned butcher shops will be closing.  Just my opinion

And probably more vegans....
  • #50 by ylr on 06 Sep 2021
  • For some good news for a change, my wife scored some 80/20 ground beef at Meijer's for $1.99/lb.!  :cool:
  • #51 by W6YJ on 06 Sep 2021
  • Sigh, here in San Diego county, 85/15 and 80/20 are $5.99/lb.
  • #52 by Bentley on 06 Sep 2021
  • Add a Dollar to that and we would not even be able to get 70/30!

For some good news for a change, my wife scored some 80/20 ground beef at Meijer's for $1.99/lb.!  :cool:
  • #53 by reubenray on 07 Sep 2021
  • I got four pounds of 80/20 at a local market for $3.79/lb and was happy to get it.  For some reason Sam's does not have 80/20 anymore.
  • #54 by urnmor on 07 Sep 2021
  • Yes meat like other food products continue to sky rocket in price however I will continue to support my butcher.  They are a small family owned business who have always treated me fairly over the years so I might by less but will continue to support them. 
  • #55 by Clonesmoker on 09 Sep 2021
  • Local Hy-Vee grocery store had brisket for $2.98/lb I waited to long and they were out along with all the Hy-Vee's in the area. Got a rain check though on it.
  • #56 by Bentley on 09 Sep 2021
  • I hope this is a trend throughout the Nation.  I know President Biden is trying to apply pressure on the Meat industry and Beef implicitly.  So I hope this is a by-product!
  • #57 by reubenray on 09 Sep 2021
  • I had someone come up today selling cases of frozen meat.  The very fast talking man said it would round out to be about $11.00 a pound for a mixture of steaks and one box of burgers.  I took a pass on it.  What normally would sell for $600 he would sell for $450.  It was an easy decision for me being my freezers were full already.  I wanted to keep the pamphlet, but he wanted it back.

Where I don't normally buy meat from Walmart I may have to.  Sam's Club is higher plus the packages are too big for the high cost.
  • #58 by JoeGrilling on 11 Sep 2021
  • I swung by my local Costco in Livermore, CA on Friday.  The prime brisket price floored me....$5.99 per lb.
  • #59 by Bar-B-Lew on 11 Sep 2021
  • I swung by my local Costco in Livermore, CA on Friday.  The prime brisket price floored me....$5.99 per lb.

That was the price I saw for Select at Sam's today.  I glanced at the meat price labels as I pushed my cart past them and decided they were all too high for me to buy any meat today.  I will (and probably should be anyway) continue to eat what I have in my freezer.  And, they had no frozen chicken wings again.  But lots of toilet paper.
  • #60 by Bentley on 11 Sep 2021
  • Been trying to do this for 18 months, and now with lots of stuffed green peppers, red enchilada sauce and a lot of berries in it, it is even more imperative!

I will (and probably should be anyway) continue to eat what I have in my freezer.
Pages:
Actions