Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 30 Sep 2017
  • Thanks Buddy!
  • #17 by Brushpopper on 30 Sep 2017
  • An excellent and simple solution!!
  • #18 by LowSlowJoe on 01 Oct 2017
  • I've made a pellet vacuum...  it worked,  but I still find it easier just to use a colendar to sift when I get to the bottom of a bag.
  • #19 by SmokinHandyman on 07 Oct 2017
  • I have a very small amount of "dust" so all goes in with no problems...

Same here, until I got some Pit Boss pellets from Menards
    Used them several times before must be a bad batch.
  • #20 by pmillen on 07 Oct 2017
  • I seem to remember this was posted "over there" as a solution for cleaning fines from pellets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmN9uF5oJGA

Yes, that's the video AE Neuman posted.

This is the drawing he provided.

I used to find dust-like material in my pit.  It was probably on my food, too.  One day while searing meat I saw sparks blowing up from the fire pot.  It was burning pellet dust that becomes ash specks when burned out.  It appears that the dust-like material in the pit is composed of unburned pellet dust that's augured in but blown upwards before igniting and pellet dust ash.

The more I clean my pellets the less of this I see.

I've sifted my pellets with a scoop that's intended to extract solids from kitty litter and I've used Neuman's drawing.  Both do the job.
  • #21 by Canadian John on 07 Oct 2017
  • If the bags are moved around, stored and kept upright the fines (dust) will for the most part fall to the bottom. Then sift when you start seeing fines..
  • #22 by Jcorwin818 on 07 Oct 2017
  • I just set up a fan by the side of my storage container and blow most of the fines away as I slowly pour the pellets from the into the container.  What gets thru I don’t worry about.
  • #23 by SmokinHandyman on 07 Oct 2017
  • I just set up a fan by the side of my storage container and blow most of the fines away as I slowly pour the pellets from the into the container.  What gets thru I don’t worry about.

good idea
  • #24 by PelletMuncher on 07 Oct 2017
  • I store my pellets in Kingsford plastic bins that hold 40lbs. each. I use a small shovel made for cleaning out cat litter boxes that works great for that. You can find them in the pet section for a couple bucks usually.
    • PelletMuncher
  • #25 by okie smokie on 08 Oct 2017
  • I seem to remember this was posted "over there" as a solution for cleaning fines from pellets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmN9uF5oJGA

Yes, that's the video AE Neuman posted.

This is the drawing he provided.

I used to find dust-like material in my pit.  It was probably on my food, too.  One day while searing meat I saw sparks blowing up from the fire pot.  It was burning pellet dust that becomes ash specks when burned out.  It appears that the dust-like material in the pit is composed of unburned pellet dust that's augured in but blown upwards before igniting and pellet dust ash.

The more I clean my pellets the less of this I see.

I've sifted my pellets with a scoop that's intended to extract solids from kitty litter and I've used Neuman's drawing.  Both do the job.

I copied the Newman design.  Should take about 20 minutes to make it.  Just add shop vac and pellets.  Thanks.
  • #26 by pmillen on 08 Oct 2017
  • I copied the Newman design.  Should take about 20 minutes to make it.  Just add shop vac and pellets.  Thanks.

I have it stored as a Microsoft Word file.  If you want a copy, PM your email address to me and I'll email it to you as an attachment.  But I'll need your email address 'cause I can't attach a file to a PF PM.
  • #27 by ArborAgent on 08 Oct 2017
  • Would have been N0OC..aka Alfred E Numan and it is in a section that was Members Eyes Only and none of those sections can be accessed. Buy a site just to shut it down...amazing...I guess Larry really did get under his skin!

Wait is that what happened to PH? Burke bought it out of spite?
  • #28 by pmillen on 08 Oct 2017
  • Here's how I remember the saga–

(1)  It initially appeared that Burke123 bought PH to operate it, more than likely somewhat differently based on his posts. 

(2)  A PF member discovered that he may own part of a corporation headquartered in Florida.

(3)  At about the time that Hurricane Irma hit Florida (September 7) the PH site went down and hasn't been reestablished. 

I concluded that Hurricane Irma caused Burke123 to adjust his financial priorities.

Pages:
Actions