Pages:
Actions
  • #121 by heffneil on 20 Jun 2021
  • Being from the mid Atlantic I am a big fan of Utz specifically the crab chips! Fortunately, they seem to be stretching their footprint to go further south now!. 
  • #122 by Darwin on 20 Jun 2021
  • To the person that mentioned the Fire Roasted Salsa with Hatch Chilis at Sam's, thanks!  With a wee bit of doctoring I like it.   :clap:
  • #123 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Jun 2021
  • You're welcome.  What did you add to the salsa?
  • #124 by Darwin on 20 Jun 2021
  • You're welcome.  What did you add to the salsa?
    I thought it was you, but I couldn't find the original post.  I added a bit of salt, cilantro and lime juice. I was making guacamole and chicken quesadillas and tacos.  Everything was at hand or on the cutting board so it was all about taste and adjust.

Thanks again.
  • #125 by BigDave83 on 14 Jun 2022
  • Found these over the weekend at Dollar General.
  • #126 by Bentley on 14 Jun 2022
  • How hot are they?
  • #127 by BigDave83 on 14 Jun 2022
  • Not overly. They have some heat but not to the point of I need a glass of milk quick.

If you have had Red Hot chips they are on the same level maybe a bit hotter.
  • #128 by Zombini on 15 Jun 2022
  • The one thing that we havent lost in our small area of the world is Sterzing's Potato chips. These potatoes chips and maybe a little beer are probably the number one reason I have the full figured physique that I have. Once only available in a 25 mile radius which luckily I grew up in. I worked in a chemical plant outside of  this radius and the number one thing my coworkers requested from me was to bring in some Sterzing potato chips.
    z
  • #129 by BigDave83 on 15 Jun 2022
  • The one thing that we havent lost in our small area of the world is Sterzing's Potato chips. These potatoes chips and maybe a little beer are probably the number one reason I have the full figured physique that I have. Once only available in a 25 mile radius which luckily I grew up in. I worked in a chemical plant outside of  this radius and the number one thing my coworkers requested from me was to bring in some Sterzing potato chips.
    z

What makes them so special? I know there are chips I like as far as flavor. I love regular Wise chips, A local chip Gibbles, uses lard to fry  them in, nice flavor and crunch.

We have another company that sells no salt chips, Herrs, I really like them. I am usually a regular chip guy.
  • #130 by Brushpopper on 15 Jun 2022
  • H-E-B sells a no salt tortilla chip that I eat with everything.  Now I am overwhelmed when I eat one with salt on it.  But potato chips don't seem salty to me.  I don't know why.  Those Zapps Voodoo chips are still banned from the house.  We will eat the whole bag in one day so I just don't get them.
  • #131 by Zombini on 15 Jun 2022
    z

What makes them so special? I know there are chips I like as far as flavor. I love regular Wise chips, A local chip Gibbles, uses lard to fry  them in, nice flavor and crunch.

We have another company that sells no salt chips, Herrs, I really like them. I am usually a regular chip guy.
    They are just old fashion kettle fried potato chips with a good crunch and the right salt level. Government regulations regarding what type of oil they used to fry them messed up the flavor for a while but they are close to the original flavor again now. I see they are available online at a ridiculous price. Usually they are on sale locally 3 bags for $10

The Gibbles look pretty good and may be similar to Sterzings.
  • #132 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2022
  • Utz old fashioned kettle cooked taste very similar to Gibbles IMO
  • #133 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2022
  • Over the next few days I will update with pics of the chips I have had since the last post I made with a picture.  Just noticed that was about a year ago.  There will be a lot of pics!
  • #134 by 02ebz06 on 15 Jun 2022
  • H-E-B sells a no salt tortilla chip that I eat with everything.  Now I am overwhelmed when I eat one with salt on it.  But potato chips don't seem salty to me.  I don't know why.  Those Zapps Voodoo chips are still banned from the house. We will eat the whole bag in one day so I just don't get them.

That was me in my early single days.  An open bag was an empty bag.
    Tortilla chips make it into the house once in a while, but no potato chips.
  • #135 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2022
  • Looks like 25 different chips in the last year.  Less than I had expected, but about a bag every other week.  I could probably drop about 10# in a year if I quit eating potato chips.  No wonder I gain weight every year.
Pages:
Actions