Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 21 Feb 2018
  •  What do you do with your pellet ash?

As it is organic, nutrient rich and has a high PH (alkaline), is it used to nourish vegetation, spread on the ground, thrown in the trash, or ?

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Feb 2018
  • trash
  • #3 by wilpark on 21 Feb 2018
  • Sucked up into an ash vac and trashed.
  • #4 by Brushpopper on 21 Feb 2018
  • I use our ash vac to clean the pits and fireplace and scatter the ashes in the back part of our property on the grass.
  • #5 by triplebq on 21 Feb 2018
  • Sucked up into an ash vac and trashed.

That is what I do.
  • #6 by dk117 on 21 Feb 2018
  • What do you do with your pellet ash?

As it is organic, nutrient rich and has a high PH (alkaline), is it used to nourish vegetation, spread on the ground, thrown in the trash, or ?
    Interesting question, never considered putting it in my garden, but I do put the ash in the yard debris bin vs the trash.

DK
    • dk117
  • #7 by Mudflap on 21 Feb 2018
  • What do you do with your pellet ash?

Interesting question, never considered putting it in my garden, but I do put the ash in the yard debris bin vs the trash.

DK

+1
  • #8 by cookingjnj on 21 Feb 2018
  • Have been trashing, but will now think about spreading.
  • #9 by pmillen on 21 Feb 2018
  • Trash 'cause once-in-a-while other things get picked up with it when it's the most convenient vacuum cleaner.
  • #10 by ArborAgent on 21 Feb 2018
  • It goes in my compost bin. City picks it up after that.
  • #11 by Bentley on 21 Feb 2018
  • Such a small amount for us over time...Flower beds...Along with the buckets of hardwood ash from the fireplace, now that is probably 100lbs per winter!
  • #12 by silverbullet on 21 Feb 2018
  • Trash. Migh1 consider mixing it into the yard. Never thought of it!
  • #13 by Conumdrum on 21 Feb 2018
  • Dedicated vacuum, into the trash.
  • #14 by Chashub on 21 Feb 2018
  • The thing I love about my Grand Slam is the removable ash container makes is easy to dump after every cook. Minimal amount of ash, I just spread it on the lawn. No adverse effects.
    Charlie
  • #15 by MP09 on 21 Feb 2018
  • Trash has been the norm but now the garden, flower beds etc. May get a treat.  Pull out burn pot will make it easy to add a small amount here and there...
Pages:
Actions