Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 27 Dec 2017
  •  Yes that is correct..December 30 is it. It is new to me..Just gives me an excuse for the tasty meat.
  • #2 by mowin on 27 Dec 2017
  • I celebrate it every year. And to make sure I got it right, I keep celebrating as often as possible.  :cool:
  • #3 by Fire708 on 27 Dec 2017
  • Oh my! I’ve missed out, I’ll have to make up for it this year!  :pig: :cool:
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 27 Dec 2017
  • I am with mowin.  Everyday should be Bacon Day!
  • #5 by Michael_NW on 27 Dec 2017
  • Best. Holiday. Ever.

In fact, I've got a pork loin just sitting in my fridge waiting to be cured and smoked and magically turned into back bacon! My next adventure: curing and smoking pork belly and pork loin for BACON!
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Dec 2017
  • So what are folks cooking with bacon on National Bacon Day?  I am thinking about bacon wrapped baked potatoes.
  • #7 by TechMOGogy on 27 Dec 2017
  • I celebrate it every year. And to make sure I got it right, I keep celebrating as often as possible.  :cool:

We celebrate it every day :)
  • #8 by Bentley on 27 Dec 2017
  • I think I will celebrate early!
  • #9 by hughver on 27 Dec 2017
  • Speaking of bacon, I just put two 3 pound pork bellies into the refrigerator to cure. One using brown sugar and the other using maple sugar. In a week or two I'll let you know which one was best.
  • #10 by triplebq on 27 Dec 2017
  • I guess I need to pull out the smoker on 12/30 for bacon bites  :cool:
  • #11 by jdmessner on 28 Dec 2017
  • In honor of National Bacon Day I ordered a pork belly from our local butcher and will pick it up tomorrow. Doing it mainly for my sister-in-law. We are getting together for Christmas in Januray. At Thanksgiving she was asking most everyone if they had ever eaten pork belly. It was something she had only recently heard of and didn't know what it was. Everyone was crinkling up their nose at the thought of pork belly. When I told her I'd tried it, you would have thought I had eaten bugs or worse. However, the look on her face was priceless when she found out it was bacon!
  • #12 by Brushpopper on 28 Dec 2017
  • My sister's husband told me last week he told their son-in-law they were getting ready for the cold weather we have headed this way by having B3.   The son-in-law told him B12 is more appropriate for fighting off a cold.  B3 is Beer, Bourbon and Bacon.  Works for me.  He used to be a Paramedic and my sister is a Registered Dietitian so they should know.  It'll be in the upper 40's for them since they live 200 miles south of us.
  • #13 by okie smokie on 29 Dec 2017
  • Ok Baconers and Baconetts; who makes the best bacon? 
  • #14 by Bentley on 29 Dec 2017
  • If you like Thick cut, and cook it on a rack in the oven...Wrights makes a mean one, and that Hormel Black Label is some good stuff.  I am sure there are some high end, online ones that put both of them to shame, but they do not align with the cheap screw mentality...The Wrights and Black Label are to expensive except for special occasion too!
  • #15 by hughver on 29 Dec 2017
  • Thick cut Hempler applewood smoked is very good  :lick:
Pages:
Actions