Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 13 Apr 2018
  •  
     Just curious as to how long home made beef jerky will last under different storing conditions... Please don't include, I don't know as it's eaten up the first day.
  • #2 by ScottWood on 13 Apr 2018
  • I have some that I just opened last night from December.  Storage was in the "crisper" drawer in my fridge in vacuum sealer bags.
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 13 Apr 2018
  • I have some pork jerky that is in a lock n lock siting on the counter and it has been out since made about 6 weeks ago. I did about 8 pound of meat up with a sweet n hot mix from Cabelas so it has cure in it and was done in the dehydrator at 160° for almost 8 hours. It marinaded in the fridge for 4 days before I dried it. I have done others that has been vac sealed and was good in the fridge or freezer for months some has gone over a year in the freezer because it got covered up.
  • #4 by Ssteppe on 13 Apr 2018
  • I don't use cure in mine, so I keep it refrigerated up to 4 weeks or frozen for several months.
    I'm assuming cure and vacuum sealed would keep for months unrefrigerated.
  • #5 by LowSlowJoe on 13 Apr 2018
  • It depends on how much you dry it out , and I suppose if you use cure or not.

The suff I make, I wouldn't count on it lasting more than a  week without refrigeration. Refrigerated I've kept it a month without  vacuum sealing... could probably go several months in the fridge...
  • #6 by slaga on 14 Apr 2018
  • I don't use cure in mine. I just toss it in a freezer bag and throw it in the freezer. We eat it too fast for it to ever get freezer burned. It never lasts more than a month or 2. I don't really know what the true shelf life is but this works for my family.
Pages:
Actions