Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by Bentley on 17 Oct 2022
  • An 8 year celebration tonight!  Paul requested white cake with white butter cream frosting with Sprinkles...Yuck!  I did the cake, Kristin did the frosting and sprinkles.

• #107 by 02ebz06 on 17 Oct 2022
  • Looks good, but I'm with you, and could do without the sprinkles.
  • #108 by urnmor on 17 Oct 2022
  • Very nice and congradulations to your friend
  • #109 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Oct 2022
  • I have never done sprinkles on a cake and I think I over did it.  Rookie mistake!
  • #110 by urnmor on 18 Oct 2022
  • I have never done sprinkles on a cake and I think I over did it.  Rookie mistake!

Not if you are doing it for a grandchild as there can never be to any sprinkles for them
  • #111 by Bentley on 04 Nov 2022
  • Kristin did an Apple Galette for Dinner!

• #112 by okie smokie on 04 Nov 2022
  • My kind of dessert.  Yum!
  • #113 by urnmor on 05 Nov 2022
  • I love them however have not made one in awhile
  • #114 by Bentley on 14 Nov 2022
  • Kristin made a German Cholate with home made frosting for Mary who picked up a 31 year chip tonight.  It was quite well received!

• #115 by BigDave83 on 14 Nov 2022
  • I would have loved a piece of that one.
  • #116 by yorkdude on 15 Nov 2022
  • I would have loved a piece of that one.
    Me too.
  • #117 by 02ebz06 on 15 Nov 2022
  • +1   :lick:

German Chocolate Cake is my favorite.
    I think it is mostly the frosting I like and not the cake so much. Haha
    The cake is kind of like a white bread for a sandwich; It's just there to hold the good stuff.   :)
  • #118 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Nov 2022
  • +1   :lick:

German Chocolate Cake is my favorite.
    I think it is mostly the frosting I like and not the cake so much. Haha
    The cake is kind of like a white bread for a sandwich; It's just there to hold the good stuff.   :)

Exactly!!!
  • #119 by Bentley on 02 Dec 2022
  • I thought I could duplicate a Boston Cream Pie in a Cupcake.  You probably could if you were willing not to cut corners. Negative on this try.  Although, when you try and replace pastry cream with Jell-O vanilla pudding made with heavy cream, you can figure out why!  A nice dessert and I am sure many 7 year old's would enjoy them, but no substituting pastry cream!

Also very difficult to pipe with a piping bag.  The chocolate does cover up the holes pretty good!

• #120 by Bentley on 06 Dec 2022
  • This was an exploratory cook!  I thought I had taken a few more pictures of what I had done so explaining would be easier, but I guess not.  I want to make a Boston Cream Pie, but make it out of sheet cake and not a Round.  I was not making the Pastry Cream this time, so I just substituted vanilla pudding for that.  Kristin did a white cholate whipped gnash frosting!  Some good data, like I will just make a 9x13 and cut in half instead of a sheet pan and cut in half!  To uneven!  Vanilla pudding is pretty tasty when it is made with heavy whipping cream!

Pages:
Actions