Pages:
Actions
  • #121 by Bentley on 23 Dec 2022
  • A Southern Favorite!  Banana Pudding!  My attempt at a topping for presentation did not quite go as I had hoped!

• #122 by 02ebz06 on 23 Dec 2022
  • Vamilla annd Tapioca are my favorites.

The vision in our head isn't always the same as it is on paper...
    Maybe just breaking the wafers (or leave whole) instead of crushing them would have been better.
  • #123 by urnmor on 26 Dec 2022
  • Besides cookies I made two deserts for Christmas one was a chocolate cheesecake with a chocolate ganache topping and the other was a traditional Apple pie.  The cheesecake was kinda my own recipe as I added extra 8oz of cream cheese and one additional egg yolk. 
  • #124 by Bentley on 26 Dec 2022
  • Cooked, your pie crust almost looks like a shortbread.  Is it a Hot Water Pastry?
  • #125 by BigDave83 on 26 Dec 2022
  • Tried to make gingerbread men or persons to be more politically correct. Made larger close 6" ones for the GF's nieces and nephews.

While baking cookies and old friend I used to shoot with stopped. He had lost his wife 4 years ago and is lonely, they went and did everything together. He started reminiscing about some kind of pineapple cookies she used to make and all the kids loved them, he would buy them every time he saw them only to be disappointed and would throw them out. He explained what they looked like and I asked a couple of friends I know that bake for people what they were and got a recipe and tried  my hand at them. He loved them, said they had more filling than his Wife's and some were a little thick on the cookie part but they were very good. Must have ate 10 of them just standing there, took a bunch with him also.

The second pic on the pineapple ones need to be dusted with powdered sugar yet to finish them.

I am not a baker and as you can see not very artistic, and the filled cookies got the same treatment everything I try to stuff gets, over filled.
  • #126 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Dec 2022
  • those pineapple things look like kiffels
  • #127 by Bentley on 26 Dec 2022
  • Big Atta Boy on the pineapple cookies!
  • #128 by BigDave83 on 26 Dec 2022
  • Kolaczki, Kolacky, Kolache.

were what I came up with when I did some searching for a few recipes after I was told what they were.

All the recipes said to use canned pie filling but I couldn't find pineapple, so I used a can if crushed mixed up 3/4c sugar and 1/4c cornstarch and cooked it up added a bit of vanilla. made a nice pineapple filling.

Dough recipe was just
    2 sticks butter 1/2 pound
    8 oz block of cream cheese
    both softened

2 cups flour I added a little salt.

Mix and divide then chill and roll out, I used powdered sugar and a silicone mat when I rolled. I did 1/8" but could have been thinner.
  • #129 by yorkdude on 26 Dec 2022
  • Big Atta Boy on the pineapple cookies!
    Indeed, I would have eaten 10 at least. Yum.
  • #130 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Dec 2022
  • Kolaczki, Kolacky, Kolache.

were what I came up with when I did some searching for a few recipes after I was told what they were.

All the recipes said to use canned pie filling but I couldn't find pineapple, so I used a can if crushed mixed up 3/4c sugar and 1/4c cornstarch and cooked it up added a bit of vanilla. made a nice pineapple filling.

Dough recipe was just
    2 sticks butter 1/2 pound
    8 oz block of cream cheese
    both softened

2 cups flour I added a little salt.

Mix and divide then chill and roll out, I used powdered sugar and a silicone mat when I rolled. I did 1/8" but could have been thinner.

Yeah, google kiffle and you will also get those other names you listed.  It all depends on the nationality of the person making them.  They are all basically the same thing.  The PA Dutch version of the kiffle my family made folds the dough over and doesn't have as much filling exposed as the version you made.  I've seen both.  My favorite is apricot pie filling.  Nice work and a good deed for a friend.  My Mom used to make hundreds of them when I was a kid.
  • #131 by urnmor on 26 Dec 2022
  • Very nice I agree you cannot eat just one of them.
  • #132 by urnmor on 26 Dec 2022
  • Cooked, your pie crust almost looks like a shortbread.  Is it a Hot Water Pastry?

No it is a regular pie crust dough.
  • #133 by urnmor on 12 Feb 2023
  • Today I made Pistachio Meringue Roulade with Blueberries and a Elderflower Cream.

• #134 by BigDave83 on 12 Feb 2023
  • No idea what that is  but I would eat it.
  • #135 by Bentley on 12 Feb 2023
  • Pretty good to fold that meringue without it cracking in two!
Pages:
Actions