Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by 02ebz06 on 06 Sep 2021
  • Cobbler looks great. You could serve with ice cream.

I have guests be guinea pigs a lot.
    Gets a little boring making same things for poker night so I try new things.
    So far, all have been very good.
    I guess you have to trust that the new recipes you try won't be crapola.
    May not be 100% to your liking (you get to adjust that next time), but will be OK.
  • #32 by Bentley on 06 Sep 2021
  • I have heard it should be served warm with ice cream, but that is simply not possible!
  • #33 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Sep 2021
  • Made a spice cake this morning for an AA "birthday" per the honoree's request. I have been baking for about 55 years and have never made a spice cake. Bentley found what looked like a good recipe on-line (it has 5 spices in it!) so I hope it meets the recipients' expectations. Cream cheese frosting which I know is good!

Going into the oven
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Frosted
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Maybe Bent will remember to take a photo of a cut piece.
  • #34 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Sep 2021
  • It's officially fall, so an apple-walnut-spice bundt cake with caramel drizzle glaze.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #35 by hughver on 28 Sep 2021
  • Looks good, very creative.
  • #36 by BigDave83 on 28 Sep 2021
  • I am liking the apple cake, my last GF's father made an apple cake I just loved. I had asked about how he made it several times but he wasn't about to tell me, and he really liked me. She had no idea what was in it either. I had tried several recipes I found on the old google but none were close enough to make it the same.
  • #37 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Sep 2021
  • that looks great, Kristin!
  • #38 by Bentley on 28 Sep 2021
  • They liked it at the meeting!
  • #39 by Kristin Meredith on 02 Oct 2021
  • Ina Garten's Mocha Ice Box Cake.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #40 by Bentley on 02 Oct 2021
  • If you like chocolate chip cookies, coffee, & whipped chocolate mousse, you would like this!
  • #41 by Bentley on 05 Oct 2021
  • Some desserts to for a Member celebrating 7 years!  Instead of just putting the pudding powder in the cake mix, I added real pudding. Frosting was mocha butter cream with cream cheese!  It made for a real moist cake, but the 1st low rider cake I have ever made! It was so nice and full when I took it out of oven, a lot of settling! The raspberry dish was requested by the celebrant, so I made it so she could take it home and have with her kids.  There was to much filling (cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and raspberries) then intended and the cooking dish was to small.  To much to long to cook and I believe was over cooked.  Also massive deflation whne cooled.  It was OK, I had a small tasted, but also slightly chewy, and this dessert should not be chewy!

The thought that counts, right?

• #42 by Bentley on 11 Oct 2021
  • 90% sure the last batch of Raspberries for the season!  Mom's pie dough recipe...making pie dough, not my forte.  Even when i have a known winner recipe!

• #43 by Bentley on 11 Oct 2021
  • There was a bid of overflow, so I decided to just use it as decoration!

• #44 by yorkdude on 11 Oct 2021
  • Do you need my address?
    Oh man a fresh fruit pie. Yes please.
  • #45 by Bentley on 11 Oct 2021
  • A friend is loaning me a tap set so I can try and get a screw to work right!
Pages:
Actions