Pages:
Actions
  • #181 by urnmor on 03 May 2023
  • Nicely done
  • #182 by hughver on 03 May 2023
  • That looks great Hugh!.
    What's all under the pineapple and cherries ?

Brown sugar, butter and pecans
  • #183 by 02ebz06 on 03 May 2023
  • Brown sugar, butter and pecans

So no cake of any kind, you cut it and eat it like a candy bar ?

• #184 by hughver on 03 May 2023
  • Brown sugar, butter and pecans

So no cake of any kind, you cut it and eat it like a candy bar ?

Sorry, the butter & brown sugar are under the pineapple & cherries, then the pecans go on top of pineapple then top with batter made of flour, eggs, baking powder, vanilla & salt.
  • #185 by 02ebz06 on 03 May 2023
  • OK, that makes sense. Thanks
  • #186 by hughver on 03 May 2023
  • I took your question literally, The brown sugar and melted butter are combined and spread out in the pan first then pineapple cherries, and pecans.
  • #187 by hughver on 10 May 2023
  • I liked the pineapple version so much that I decided to make another one. But, I did not have any more pineapple, but I did have lots of cherries, so I made a cherry upside-down cake. It was also very good except since the cherries were much sweeter than the pineapple, it was a little too sweet. Next time I'll cut down on the sugar in order to offset the cherry sweetness.
  • #188 by 1MoreFord on 12 May 2023
  • ^^^^^^ Try using tart cherries.
  • #189 by hughver on 13 May 2023
  • Good idea.
  • #190 by urnmor on 24 Jun 2023
  • We had new neighbors move in next door and had them over for dinner.  For the dessert I made a cheesecake with blueberry sauce.
  • #191 by 02ebz06 on 24 Jun 2023
  • That looks delicious.
    Don't have cheesecake very often, or any dessert for that matter, buy I do like cheesecake.
  • #192 by Bentley on 24 Jun 2023
  • It looks delicious, with no cracks!
  • #193 by urnmor on 24 Jun 2023
  • It looks delicious, with no cracks!

You seem disappointed that there were no cracks
  • #194 by Bentley on 24 Jun 2023
  • Not at all, it is hard to accomplish!
  • #195 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Jun 2023
  • Not sure this really qualifies as dessert, but still posting!!! Yesterday was Sonrise Saturday at the church -- a 3 hour period once a month for kids ages 4 to 11 where they sing songs, play games, do crafts and do some Bible activities.  I said I would handle the treats.  I made fruits kabobs and pre-made s'mores.  Seemed to be a hit.

[ Invalid Attachment ]  

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions