Pages:
Actions
  • #226 by reubenray on 29 Jan 2024
  • [ Invalid Attachment ]

I love Philly Cheese steaks and having bacon on it would only make it better.    It has been a long time since I had a great Philly Cheese steak.  I have been smoking four pounds of bacon about every two months.
  • #227 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 May 2024
  • I went to a concert in Philly last night and stopped by John's Roast Pork this morning before heading home.  They open at 10am.  I was there at 10:30am and there were about 15 people there in line or eating.  Some people ordered 5+ sandwiches to go.

I thought it was one of the better steak sandwiches that I have had.  They usually rank in the top 5 of every rankings of Philly places that I have read.  This was my first time there. They are only open 10-5 Tue-Sat.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

• #228 by Bentley on 03 May 2024
  • Onions, cheese on bottom?
  • #229 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 May 2024
  • melted white american on bottom as i think they flipped it from griddle into roll
  • #230 by NorCal Smoker on 06 May 2024
  • I have never had a Chicago Italian Beef sandwich in Chicago.  My question to those that have, and those that have tried Louie's  Italian Beef seasoning mix,  are they comparable, or is Louis's Italian Beef seasoning mix not even close to what you would get in Chicago?
  • #231 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 May 2024
  • Never had the seasoning mix, but my guess it is not like it is getting an original sandwich at one of the better places in Chicago.
  • #232 by NorCal Smoker on 09 May 2024
  • Headed to Philadelphia, then Lansdale, PA area in late June. Any recommendations in general Lansdale area for a good Cheesesteak?
  • #233 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 May 2024
  • Headed to Philadelphia, then Lansdale, PA area in late June. Any recommendations in general Lansdale area for a good Cheesesteak?

Google search mentions Giuliano's, Pudge's, and Ray's...I have never been to either.

For Philly John's Roast Pork (but they have early hours), Ishkabibbles and Angelo's.  I have been to the first two and they are really good.
  • #234 by NorCal Smoker on 09 May 2024
  • Thanks Lew. Will definitely try to get to John's, or Ishcabibbles on way in. We are taking a red eye so will be there in the morning. Based on what I have read, and your recommendations, will probably try ray's and judges the rest of my time in the area. Thanks.
Pages:
Actions