Pages:
Actions
  • #286 by ylr on 23 May 2021
  • Taco John's used to have a version of that burger; I thought it was very good! They discontinued it too, I think!
  • #287 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 May 2021
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #288 by Bentley on 24 May 2021
  • I moved a few of the Burger post to the Burger thread...just an FYI!
  • #289 by Bentley on 26 May 2021
  • The Bun makes all the difference in flavor and authenticity!  Now this is a Bell Beefer!

• #290 by okie smokie on 26 May 2021
  • [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    Sorry BBL, I would have to remove the middle bread to really enjoy. Extra bread just dries out the goodies for me. Otherwise looks great!
    I've been told I have a big mouth but not that big.  Do you mash it before biting?
  • #291 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 May 2021
  • The middle bread helps to keep the sandwich together while eating.  I did mash it a bit.  The middle bread also helps to take a bite of half the thickness of the sandwich at a time too.
  • #292 by yorkdude on 26 May 2021
  • The middle bread helps to keep the sandwich together while eating.  I did mash it a bit.  The middle bread also helps to take a bite of half the thickness of the sandwich at a time too.
    For me anyway, if you are making it a club sandwich it better have a middle bread. I have been wrong before but that’s the only way.
    Again, great looking sandwich.
  • #293 by Free Mr. Tony on 27 May 2021
  • 100% Fast Eddy sandwich tonight. Grilled a couple strips on the PG 500. Sliced and topped some homemade sourdough with steak, provolone, caramelized onion jam, and horseradish sauce. Grilled the sandwich on the PG 500 as well.

I'm not sure how widely distributed the onion jam is but it is fantastic. I get it near the Murray's cheese counter in Kroger.

• #294 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 May 2021
  • That looks great.  I do that with leftover steaks often.
  • #295 by Bentley on 27 May 2021
  • Gonna have a bumper crop of onions this year so I think I am going to need to make something like an onion jam to preserve them!
  • #296 by yorkdude on 28 May 2021
  • Looks great and sounds great also.
    Not a fan of horseradish at all but definitely going to look for the onion jam.
  • #297 by 02ebz06 on 28 May 2021
  • Nice sandwich!!!

We need to make more sourdough bread. Used last loaf in freezer last week.

What does the Onion Jam taste like ?   Is it sweet like a typical jam, strawberry, raspberry, etc. ?
  • #298 by Kristin Meredith on 28 May 2021
  • There are a lot of different onion jam recipes.  Nearly all call for caramelizing the onions, so always some sweetness.  But some add extra sugar or honey, some add wine vinegar, some add red wine, some add sugar, vinegar and red wine.  So more about what flavor profile you like.  Some folks then use as almost a chutney with steaks.
  • #299 by okie smokie on 28 May 2021
  • National hamburger and brisket day! Or so I am told.
  • #300 by jdmessner on 28 May 2021
  • The Italian Beef (and cheesesteak) Tour thread that has been running along side this one was making me hungry. A group I belong to had its last meeting of the year yesterday, so I volunteered to make lunch.

Here is what I came up with. I smoked two 4 lb. Top Round roasts and it nicely served 8 people. I figured could get two sandwiches from each loaf of Italian bread giving me plenty leftovers. However, turned out each loaf became a single serving! The thing that made my day was finding Giardiniera from Chicago locally (not pictured).

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

The person in this picture posted this photo on her Facebook page. One of the comments she received was from the person who was behind me in the checkout line when buying the meat and other ingredients. She and her husband were curious about what I was going to do with the assortment of things I was purchasing. Come to find out they were friends with the person from the group. Small world (or at least small town)!! Just a reminder to always be on your best behavior in public and social media. You never know when the two will meet!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages:
Actions