Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by okie smokie on 22 Jan 2021
  • I ordered a 4 lb bag of chicken drumettes from Wally World. They came frozen with an icy brine. I did the first batch in the Air Fryer, frozen. Had to drain the water from the fryer about half way thru.  Could not get them crisp. The skin was thick and tough as was the connective tissue around the joint ends. Well I wrote that off to error, so I did the next batch tonight after defrosting them first and patting dry.  Used the same seasoning and did them as directed at 375* on the B380.They were painted with Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce at about 35 minutes and removed at 45 minutes with nice charred edges.  The meat was done completely but the skins were again thick and rubbery, and not edible. The meat was done nicely, but all connective ligaments were all tough and not edible. I even checked the temp of the meat before taking off the grill, and it was 175-180*. Was feeling very confused until I figured it out.  Old tough chickens probably from egg farms. Can't remember the brand, but not T----- .  Anyone ever experience this?  The meat was great but had to remove the skin first.
Pages:
Actions