Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by 02ebz06 on 09 Mar 2022
  • CampChef is on at 180.
  • #17 by 02ebz06 on 09 Mar 2022
  • Finished product...
    After they cool some, will vacuum seal them, 6 or 8 in a bag.
    Will be great snacks.
  • #18 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Mar 2022
  • looks good

i usually bag 4-5oz per bag and vac seal
  • #19 by Clonesmoker on 10 Mar 2022
  • Looks great. I normally use bottom round when on sale. I forgo all the mixing of ingredients for the marinate. I usually get a bottle of Sweet Asian Chile Sauce or Lawry's teriyaki marinate (add in some sesame seeds), and just add some pink salt, a tad bit of water (enough just to rinse the bottles out) and some black pepper. Turns out great every time. Started doing Dr. Pepper jerky to. I keep seeing the Baby Ray's jerky in stores now so thinking of tring some of their sauce to make a batch of jerky.
  • #20 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Mar 2022
  • Looks great. I normally use bottom round when on sale. I forgo all the mixing of ingredients for the marinate. I usually get a bottle of Sweet Asian Chile Sauce or Lawry's teriyaki marinate (add in some sesame seeds), and just add some pink salt, a tad bit of water (enough just to rinse the bottles out) and some black pepper. Turns out great every time. Started doing Dr. Pepper jerky to. I keep seeing the Baby Ray's jerky in stores now so thinking of tring some of their sauce to make a batch of jerky.

Pretty similar for me.  I use Frank's Stinging Honey Garlic hot sauce as a marinade, Lawry's caribbean jerk, etc.  I then throw a complimentary rub on top of the meat right before I put it into the smoker.  I found that rub adds enough extra flavor to make it worthwhile for my tastebuds.

It's probably been almost 2.5 years since I have made any jerky.
  • #21 by 02ebz06 on 10 Mar 2022

Pretty similar for me.  I use Frank's Stinging Honey Garlic hot sauce as a marinade, Lawry's caribbean jerk, etc.  I then throw a complimentary rub on top of the meat right before I put it into the smoker.  I found that rub adds enough extra flavor to make it worthwhile for my tastebuds.

It's probably been almost 2.5 years since I have made any jerky.

I just grind pepper on top before putting in smoker.
    Been just making a basic and a Teriyaki.  I need to branch out and try some of the different recipes in the book.
Pages:
Actions