Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starter Pit  (Read 2437 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: Starter Pit
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »

It doesn't,t matter what pit you select..There is a "learning curve" you must go thru. That leads to a far better understanding on what to do next time around..ALL pits have their ups and downs..It totally depends on what you are willing to accept.  IE,parts

availability, dealer/factory assistance,maintenance,inclement weather operation, the list goes on..During your wait, you might compile a list of what you consider to be must haves and like to haves..Search each one out the best you can.. If there is any way to

be around a pit for start-up,cooking and clean-up, that may help...The whole thing is like riding a bicycle."YOU" have to learn how to do it.. Hope this helps!

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »

AMEN John.  Still, spening right the first time does help, keeping you from a big loss at the yard sale.

I must tag my Yoder 640 as a good deal.  It's willed to my son already......
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »

I don't closely follow pricing but it appears to me that the Blaz'n line provides good dollar value.  I think that you will be pleased with it and may never replace it.
Blaz'n was one that I had decided to buy in the past month or so. But didnt pull the trigger yet. I keep changing my mind but I'm sure I will be happy which ever way I go. I just like to try and get the best that I can in my price range. The Blaz'n is $1200 so that's close enough for me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
You should call Tim and see if he can offer some extra's.  i.e. free cover, and lid insulator as he did for me.  Blaz'n is a great choice, and with the new ceramic ignitor, you will not likely have problems.  You will wear out before it does.  Also, the q450 looks like a great buy at the current sale price of $799 shipped.  Not as stout at the Blaz'n but is all Stainless 430. You can get all the options and still be around $1000. 

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2018, 10:50:58 AM »

I don't closely follow pricing but it appears to me that the Blaz'n line provides good dollar value.  I think that you will be pleased with it and may never replace it.
Blaz'n was one that I had decided to buy in the past month or so. But didnt pull the trigger yet. I keep changing my mind but I'm sure I will be happy which ever way I go. I just like to try and get the best that I can in my price range. The Blaz'n is $1200 so that's close enough for me.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
You should call Tim and see if he can offer some extra's.  i.e. free cover, and lid insulator as he did for me.  Blaz'n is a great choice, and with the new ceramic ignitor, you will not likely have problems.  You will wear out before it does.  Also, the q450 looks like a great buy at the current sale price of $799 shipped.  Not as stout at the Blaz'n but is all Stainless 430. You can get all the options and still be around $1000.

Saying "Not as stout as the Blaz'n" is a bit misleading.  Unless you are moving it from place to place for contests etc, that is not very important, since you would have to work hard to damage the 450.  On the other hand the Blaz'n is very heavy to move to different venues unless you have the competition wheel set. Not a meaningful comparison on my part. I have the Blaz'n GS and like it very much.  However, if I were buying another unit, the Q450 would appeal to me.  I suspect they are planning a new or revised pit soon, just a guess.  I think the controller in both units are the same brand pid.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up