Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weston Pro-2300 Commercial Grade Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer (65-0201), Double  (Read 880 times)

Goosehunter51

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.

Any thoughts on this vacuum sealer.  Does anyone own one or have good experiences with another model.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053

gwilliams99

• Knows what a Pellet Is.

I have a 2300. It does a good job.
If I had it to do over again, I would have saved up my money to get a chamber sealer.

Chamber sealers pull a much deeper vacuum and the bags are a lot cheaper.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry

I have the Cabela's CG-15 and I think they are almost the same.  I am going to do a very Short and quick Product Review of it and then get on the Ken Onion Sharpener!  Maybe I will try and knock it out right now!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI

My brother bought the 2300 back in Dec.

Works great and he's happy with it.
FE PG 1000

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

Put the review up, will add a short video too! 

I like mine, it has required about $60 over the last 7 years in new sealing strips, but has worked like a champ.  I would also like a chamber sealer, my concern would be are the $600 chamber sealer's going to be like the $79 Food Savers, I went through 4 in 8 years.  Do I need to spend $2000 to have a reliable one?

But man, they must be nice!

DE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.

I've had a 2300 for about 5-6 years. About 5-6 times a year I will vacuum seal 60-90 bags in a day. Never had any problem with it. I do think the Cabela's CG-15 as Bentley  has would have been a slight edge better, but I got a great deal on mine and have been more than happy with it.
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Mayberry

I am curious, I thought they were almost identical...I think the 2300 has 28 whatever of vacuum and the 15 like 28.5.  What about the CG-15 do you think gives it an edge?

I've had a 2300 for about 5-6 years. I do think the Cabela's CG-15 as Bentley  has would have been a slight edge better, but I got a great deal on mine and have been more than happy with it.

DE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.

I am curious, I thought they were almost identical...I think the 2300 has 28 whatever of vacuum and the 15 like 28.5.  What about the CG-15 do you think gives it an edge?

I've had a 2300 for about 5-6 years. I do think the Cabela's CG-15 as Bentley  has would have been a slight edge better, but I got a great deal on mine and have been more than happy with it.

Wow! My bad for such a quick response! 31/2 months.
I think the slight edge would be the ability to control timing on manual seal. However I have never used the manual on the 2300, but way back when planted the thought that that made it a bit better. Some value add for the Cabela’s private label so to speak.
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!
Pages: [1]   Go Up