Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Clonesmoker on 19 Feb 2018
  • My DB GMG came with the one piece heat shield.  My DB was manufactured in 2015 and I got it as a gift right around Christmas time. I have tried over and over to get steady temps from left to right. My heat shield never came with the slot so I modified it to make one. Still though I could never balance it out. I called GMG and they sent me a new one. I was amazed at the difference in the hole patterns from the old vs new one as in the picture.  I installed it to what I thought was the right position and nailed it off the bat!!  Temps from left to right at 170 even, when I went to 190 and both sides even, 210 and even, 240 and even. Pretty impressed as I was even thinking of drilling holes in the heat shield, but the new style has worked great so far. Kudos to GMG!!
  • #2 by wilpark on 19 Feb 2018
  • which one is the new one...JK.  Love GMG CService
  • #3 by Canadian John on 25 Feb 2018
  •  Such a relief!  Just imagine the time spent developing the new heat shield..Good of GMG to stand behind their products... Just an other example why todays pits are better.
  • #4 by reubenray on 26 Feb 2018
  • I have the old heat shield in my DB that I bought 2 or 3 years ago.  I don't know if I want to fool with a new one since I have got mine pretty close with the longer notch.
Pages:
Actions