Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 25 Feb 2018

• Use it whenever you're frying something.  Fry eggs in it, sauté, grill buns or make grilled cheese.  It's also a conversation starter.
  • #2 by riverrat49 on 25 Feb 2018
  • We used duck fat in our burgers at the WFC competition last year, they were some of the juiciest burgers we have ever done.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 25 Feb 2018
  • Is that a special order item?  I haven't seen it in our grocery stores.
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 25 Feb 2018
  • Interesting pmillen.  Can this be used as an everyday kind of spray, or is cost something to limit on how often to use it?  Looks and sounds great.
  • #5 by pmillen on 25 Feb 2018
  • Interesting pmillen.  Can this be used as an everyday kind of spray, or is cost something to limit on how often to use it?  Looks and sounds great.
    Everyday–There are some things, like baked goods, where it may not be the best choice.  Typical sprays are tasteless Canola oil.  Duck fat has a taste.  (There's no such thing as a Canola bean.  The actual source is rapeseed, but that makes a poor product name.  It was named by the Rapeseed Association of Canada.)

Cost–I don't know the costs of typical sprays or this Duck Fat.  I suspect that the Duck Fat spray is considerably more costly.
  • #6 by pmillen on 25 Feb 2018
  • Is that a special order item?  I haven't seen it in our grocery stores.

It's made by a fairly small firm here in Omaha.  I don't know how widely it's distributed.  My favorite BBQ shop sells it.  An Internet search show it available from Amazon.
  • #7 by riverrat49 on 25 Feb 2018
  • Here is a list of some locations, available on Amazon and Walmart On-Line and I thought I saw it on the shelf in Walmart.

http://duckfatspray.com/locations/

Is that a special order item?  I haven't seen it in our grocery stores.
  • #8 by pmillen on 25 Feb 2018
  • The next thing I smoke will be sprayed with Duck Fat to hold the rub.  I think it will enhance the bark.  Please post your opinion if you try it before I do (likely).
  • #9 by pz on 25 Feb 2018
  • Sounds delicious - duck fat is likely one the most delectable of fats
  • #10 by Bobitis on 25 Feb 2018
  • Hmmm...

Off to Amazon I go.
Pages:
Actions