Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by ShannyBananny on 13 Apr 2018
  • Got our Bull yesterday.  It is beautiful and huge!  I will post pics if I can figure it out.  Initial burn is done but don't be cooking on it until Sunday.
  • #32 by Ralphie on 14 Apr 2018
  • Nice!  Looking forward to hearing about it.
  • #33 by cookingjnj on 14 Apr 2018
  • Congrats all on the new pits.  I have loved my RT since day 1.  I have the 680.  Interested to hear more feedback on the new controller and just how low the temps can get.  Thanks for the pics SmokeFan.  I noticed the pit went down to 181, did you try to get it any lower than that temp?
  • #34 by Ross77 on 14 Apr 2018
  • Congrats all on the new pits.  I have loved my RT since day 1.  I have the 680.  Interested to hear more feedback on the new controller and just how low the temps can get.  Thanks for the pics SmokeFan.  I noticed the pit went down to 181, did you try to get it any lower than that temp?

I asked on the RecTec Owners FB page and the consensus was 180. It also sounds like the new controller upgrade is probably a month out.
  • #35 by cookingjnj on 14 Apr 2018
  • Thanks Ross
  • #36 by SmokeFan on 16 Apr 2018

No I Haven't started playin with the adjustments as it works great for what I Do, did a brisket and spatchcocked some chickens.
    So far it seems flawless. Love this thing :clap: :clap:
  • #37 by Ralphie on 16 Apr 2018
  • Smokefan,

Is this your first time using a pellet grill?  If so, what was your previous set-up?  How does the brisket and chicken flavor compare?  Thanks!
  • #38 by SmokeFan on 16 Apr 2018
  • Smokefan,

Is this your first time using a pellet grill?  If so, what was your previous set-up?  How does the brisket and chicken flavor compare?  Thanks!

I had a Traeger since 2001 used it plenty, the brisket and chicken turned our great and had great flavor. Very happy with switch...
  • #39 by dlesh04 on 21 Apr 2018
  • Ordered  our RT700 last week and still awaiting shipment so hoping within the next few weeks
  • #40 by dlesh04 on 21 Apr 2018
  • Also forgot to add.  Anyone with a 680 or 700 have issues with smoke coming out of the lid?  I ordered lavalock gasket to be safe.  Was just wondering what others experiences are with this
  • #41 by Ross77 on 21 Apr 2018
  • Also forgot to add.  Anyone with a 680 or 700 have issues with smoke coming out of the lid?  I ordered lavalock gasket to be safe.  Was just wondering what others experiences are with this

I don’t have any issues on my 680. Best to install it when the smoker is new so you don’t have to scrub anything clean.
  • #42 by dlesh04 on 21 Apr 2018

I don’t have any issues on my 680. Best to install it when the smoker is new so you don’t have to scrub anything clean.

That's great to hear!  Yeah I figured I would just to be safe.  Man this thing can't get here soon enough
  • #43 by SmokeFan on 23 Apr 2018

Yes, I used Lava lock on the lid, worked great. 2 strips at the top and 1 on the sides and bottom.
Pages:
Actions