Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Smeauxkin on 12 Jul 2018
  • Got em home today. It's bigger than I thought, that's a plus. It's one quality piece for sure. Setup was a breeze. In the wifi app there was a part that ask you to name your grill. Never had to name an appliance before. I bought a new jeep JKU Willys at the beginning of the year and finally got the rebate check. It's mostly because of this extra money that I felt better about spending $1k on a fancy pellet pooper. So in honor of the Willys I shall call him Willie.

As you can see in the background, I'm in the process of extending my patio. Willie needs some range to roam free.

And here's the Jeep that made all it possible.

• #2 by triplebq on 12 Jul 2018
  • Very nice.
  • #3 by imahawki on 12 Jul 2018
  • Better be careful what you're smokin' if his name is Willie.  ;)
  • #4 by Ross77 on 12 Jul 2018
  • Nice looking smoker.  I have a feeling they are selling a lot of those.  Not too big, not too small, SS and a somewhat reasonable price. 
  • #5 by Smeauxkin on 12 Jul 2018
  • Yep. Great bang for the buck. I initially looked at the trailblazer but it was just what it is, a portable pellet smoker. Got pizza and pulled pork planned for the weekend. Maybe even pulled pork pizza.
  • #6 by Smeauxkin on 13 Jul 2018
  • I have a 12x12 now. It'll be 26x18+ when I'm done. I had a deck attached to it but after changing the boards twice, it's concrete from here on out. Live and learn.
  • #7 by Smeauxkin on 14 Jul 2018
  • Anybody know if it needs to be seasoned? I did the burn in. Came across some vids about seasoning the older models. Manual doesn't mention it.
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jul 2018
  • Anybody know if it needs to be seasoned? I did the burn in. Came across some vids about seasoning the older models. Manual doesn't mention it.

After you do the burn it, the rest of your cooks will be the seasoning.
  • #9 by Smeauxkin on 14 Jul 2018
  • 10-4
  • #10 by Smeauxkin on 15 Jul 2018
  • RSR for its maiden voyage. Gonna be hard to pay for a steak in any restaurant and be satisfied from now on. Love this thing.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jul 2018
  • You will find it is hard to go out for anything that you can make on your grill.
  • #12 by WiPelletHead on 15 Jul 2018
  • Looks great!

Your doing good just coming out of the gate.

:clap: :clap:
  • #13 by Craig in Indy on 16 Jul 2018
  • I have a feeling they are selling a lot of those.

They must be - shipping is now out to October 1 according to the website. If I were going to replace my Mini, it's the one I'd be looking at.
  • #14 by Canadian John on 16 Jul 2018

•  Nice looking pit. Rec Tec has made many positive improvements from inception. It just looks good!  Enjoy that pit.
  • #15 by grilltreats on 16 Jul 2018
  • Very good looking pit, and the one I wanted, but also wanted the front shelf so I went with the 700 while the getting was good.  Probably should've got the 590 for just the two of us.  It was a very hard decision.
Pages:
Actions