Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Spartan Smoker on 16 Jul 2018
  • Anyone smoke Brats?  I have some venison brats I want to give a whirl.  Any recommendations?
  • #2 by LowSlowJoe on 17 Jul 2018
  • I  cook mine between 250F and 325F.  Higher temp is faster,  but also requires paying closer attention to them. Use a instant read thermometer,  when they are... 165F they are done.  Let them go too long, they split their casings and their lushious juices too.
  • #3 by Bar-B-Lew on 17 Jul 2018
  • i cook my sausage links at 250 for about an hour
  • #4 by bregent on 18 Jul 2018
  • Wait, are you asking about smoking homemade sausage that will be cooked later, or smoke cooking sausage to consume right after?
  • #5 by Bentley on 18 Jul 2018
  • My question also...
  • #6 by Spartan Smoker on 18 Jul 2018
  • Venison brats prepped by my butcher.  Mix of Venison and a little pork.  i guess i don't know if they "cook" them before they package them.  I always presumed they would grind up the meats, blend, season and then case.  i have always grilled them.  But, was just curious if i drop them on the smoker if it gives them more of a natural fire taste versus a gas grill.

thanks...
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 18 Jul 2018
  • Venison brats prepped by my butcher.  Mix of Venison and a little pork.  i guess i don't know if they "cook" them before they package them.  I always presumed they would grind up the meats, blend, season and then case.  i have always grilled them.  But, was just curious if i drop them on the smoker if it gives them more of a natural fire taste versus a gas grill.

thanks...

250° for about an hour...be careful not to eat them for about 10 minute after you pull them off.  The juices are really hot inside because you won't split the casing and have them drip out like when you grill them.
Pages:
Actions