Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weber Chili Lime Rub  (Read 4672 times)

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Weber Chili Lime Rub
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:24:20 PM »

Hi all,

I just used this rub recently, and thought I would give my shot at a review of a product I have been using this summer.  I have never given a review before, and wanted to give it a shot.   I thought about a review of another product, but since it is a local sourced rub (which I really like) it might not help everyone.  So I thought I would start my first ever personal review of any rub with this one.  I tried to follow the format of previous reviews.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

1.  Product Name: Weber Chili Lime Rub

2.  Purpose of Product:  All-purpose rub

3.  Pros and Cons of Product: Pros:  No artificial flavors or preservatives, No MSG, Gluten-Free, hint of heat, and a nice citrusy lime flavor, gives good color to finished product.  Cons:  For those who like a little sweet, although sugar is the fifth ingredient, it is a savory seasoning, a little on the salty side, but not over powering with salt.  It does contain Maltodextrin if that is an issue for you.

4.  My impressions and other thoughts on the product:  I have used this rub on everything from boneless pork chops, chicken breast, chicken wings, chicken thighs and shrimp (although I do have to admit the shrimp I do cook on quick high heat gasser…sorry).  I think my favorite has always been on the chicken wings.  On bigger cuts like the pork chops and the chicken breast I have used a combination of the Weber Chili Lime Rub on one side and another rub profile on the other (usually the Dan’s Backyard BBQ Rub I can source locally).  Used on wings, shrimp and chicken thighs it has been great on its own. 
Here is a list of the ingredients located on the label:

Salt, Garlic. Onion, Chili Pepper, Sugar, Spices, Paprika and Paprika Extractives (for color), Maltodextrin, Rice concentrate, Red Bell Pepper,  Citric Acid, Chipotle Chili Pepper, Lime Juice, Lime Oil, Natural Flavor.

This rub might not be for everyone (although it is a Lime Chili Rub, the heat is pretty minimal), but as a rub for wings and shrimp, one of my favorites. 

5. Would I recommend this product:  I would recommend it.  If you like a more, sweet, type rub, might not be for you.  Even with that said, this rub on wings or shrimp is one of my “current” favorites.  I know it is a “big” market company that specialize in something other than making rubs, but is worth the $3.79 I paid to give it a try.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Weber Chili Lime Rub
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:36:04 PM »

Thanks for the review.  Do you now if it tastes like this product?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj%C3%ADn_(seasoning)
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:32:09 AM »

Thanks for the review.  It is good to get member input and perspectives.  I appreciate your time and effort.

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:31:27 PM »

Thanks for the review.  Do you now if it tastes like this product?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj%C3%ADn_(seasoning)

BBL, I am not familiar with this Mexican seasoning, although a few of the listed ingredients are similar.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 04:25:56 PM »

How do you think it would go with Mahi Mahi or delicate "white" fish?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »

It goes really nice with the sweetness of shrimp. I am pretty sure it would work with a Mahi mahi, grouper, or tilapia, if you don’t over season.  Could even work on a nice sword steak. I have not tried them, but love eating all of them so will try and report. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up