Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wheels on my FEC120  (Read 2929 times)

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
Re: Wheels on my FEC120
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 10:04:02 PM »

Regarding food off the Charbroiler I love it. The Charbroiler gets HOT so you can do about anything you want on it. I love  cooking with wood so its perfect for me. My family doesn't like shrimp any other way.

I wish that I could take a few lessons from you on Charbroiler cooking.  My PG500 has a zone that is similar, if not exactly like it.  I just can't master it.  We don't get the flavor that we're looking for.  We must be accustomed to more smoke flavor.

I'm a huge fan of the PG500, it was my first pellet unit. I totally understand about the smoke flavor. Have you tried doing a reverse sear with running the PG500 around 180 for a bit then finishing it off at high heat?
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
Re: Wheels on my FEC120
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 11:19:38 AM »

Have you tried doing a reverse sear with running the PG500 around 180 for a bit then finishing it off at high heat?

That didn't seem to work for us.  I thought that maybe searing after the smoking burned the smoke flavor off of the steaks.  I should probably try searing first and then smoking it until it hits our desired IT.

ZCZ cooks his steaks on his Memphis at 600° (see this post).  I should also try that.  But I always just seem to fall back to the process I know so well.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up