Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by LowSlowFoShow on 22 Jan 2020
  • I got my new DB Prime about a month ago but did not bother seasoning it until I finished my modifications:

1) Don Godkes Downdraft
    2) Joes Grill grates
    3) Traeger Lil Tex Elite folding shelf
    4) Removed the annoying/loud movable hooks

Can't wait to fire it up this weekend!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by ICIdaho on 23 Jan 2020
  • Looks good!
  • #3 by Brushpopper on 24 Jan 2020
  • That's a nice looking grill.  I hope it performs as well as my 2011 model!  :cool:
  • #4 by yorkdude on 24 Jan 2020
  • Thinking about one of these myself. Have you used the downdraft on other pits? Do you have any thoughts about them?
    I assume you like it because you have one but wanted your input.
  • #5 by pmillen on 24 Jan 2020
  • That's a list of well-chosen modifications.

This is Friday.  It's Test Drive weekend.  Give it a good workout and tell us how it went.  We expect photographs.
  • #6 by LowSlowFoShow on 28 Jan 2020
  • Thinking about one of these myself. Have you used the downdraft on other pits? Do you have any thoughts about them?
    I assume you like it because you have one but wanted your input.

Yes, I was having uneven temperature issues on my DB Choice until I installed the downdraft.  I have also observed lower pellet consumption - I highly recommend it.
  • #7 by Clonesmoker on 29 Jan 2020
  • I've been using a 3" stove pipe elbow in my DB. I think the sliding heat shield really helped even my temps out. Next you need to add a second interior rack. I did on mine and I can really fill the DB up now!!  Why waste the smoke and heat on one just one item. I always ask my friends if they need anything done and they will bring it over.

BTW- Planning on picking up 6 racks of St. Louis style ribs from our local Aldi's.  $1.99 lb!!
  • #8 by LowSlowFoShow on 29 Jan 2020
  • Next you need to add a second interior rack. I did on mine and I can really fill the DB up now!! 

I have the removable shelf on my DB Choice, over the last 5+ years I have only used it once or twice.  I am tempted to keep the choice as well so if I really need the space I can just fire them both up!
  • #9 by just4fn on 16 May 2020
  • How was the fit for the Traeger front shelf?  You had to drill holes in the legs correct?  I would like to add one myself,  it looks nice.
  • #10 by LowSlowFoShow on 19 May 2020
  • How was the fit for the Traeger front shelf?  You had to drill holes in the legs correct?  I would like to add one myself,  it looks nice.

On the DB Choice you just need to drill out 1 extra hole per leg.  On the Prime you need to flatten the L bracket and drill out 1 extra hole.  It took about 30 mins, not too bad.
Pages:
Actions