Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving my Timberline 850  (Read 1152 times)

bel4_20

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
Moving my Timberline 850
« on: July 30, 2020, 01:33:06 PM »

Hello all, i've sold my 850 to a friend his vehicle is not a pick up truck, is it ok to lay the grill on its side? if so does it matter which side it can be laid down on?

Thanks!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Moving my Timberline 850
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »

I do not know that specific Traeger, but I can see no reason why laying it on its side would be an issue.  I would make sure all the guts are out, any part that is not attached to something permanently!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 01:43:22 PM »

and empty the pellet hopper or have a way to ensure it does not open...just saying from a "friend" that had a similar experience putting a grill in the back of a Honda Pilot once
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

bel4_20

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 04:27:42 PM »

Thanks for the replies I was just concerned by tipping it on its side that something would slide out of place in the auger area. But looks like its good to go.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 04:46:50 PM »

Thanks for the replies I was just concerned by tipping it on its side that something would slide out of place in the auger area. But looks like its good to go.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I don't think you need to worry about the auger area.  That thing should be bolted down pretty good to ensure the shaft stays straight among probably several other reasons.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I don't think you need to worry about the auger area.  That thing should be bolted down pretty good to ensure the shaft stays straight among probably several other reasons.

+1

Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 10:38:32 AM »

I would give it a good cleaning (scrape + vacuum) the inside. The ride home will shake things loose. I would also remove all pellets: empty the hopper, start + let the auger run all the  remaining pellets thru.

Do this before cleaning.

Padding between the pit and vehicle should reduce the likelihood of scratching the finish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up