Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gas grill help with thoughts.  (Read 1620 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Gas grill help with thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2021, 06:11:07 PM »

Can you get it to hold steady at 325°F by shutting burner(s) off?

I didn't try that today but plan to see how it operates on low with only the outside burners on.  Everything cooked fine with all four burners set to low even though grill grate temp was 400+.

Wings were crisp, but juicy.  Fat on inside was not rendered like they get when smoked.  Meat was not as flavorful as smoked either.

I bought the grill for the things I cooked on it today to be able to make them quickly.  It served its purpose today so I am pleased with the results.  Pork chops and steaks later this week.  Will see how those turn out.

I did buy a stainless steel smoker box to set on the flavorizer bars and put some wood chips in.  That is how I used to smoke pre pellet grill.  May do that with wings next time with some orange or peach wood chips.

And, it looks good next to the Memphis and will look good in between the Memphis and the MAK after I move the MAK.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2021, 11:13:13 AM »

I ordered the Sizzle Q SQ180 griddle last night.  It will be here tomorrow.  May griddle up some bacon on it this weekend.  If that works out well, then I won't need a separate griddle.  Would still like to get my Griddle Hack installed in the Traeger XL though.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2021, 10:05:10 PM »

Can you get it to hold steady at 325°F by shutting burner(s) off?

I did try with the two center burners off and the sides on low.  It was somewhere around the 325 mark on the lid.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2021, 01:53:26 PM »

It was somewhere around the 325 mark on the lid.

I think that's pretty cool (meaning good).  A lot of stuff bakes in the oven at 350°.  I sometimes use my gasser to bake things when I don't want to heat up the kitchen.  I set it much like yours and monitor and adjust as required.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2021, 07:42:14 PM »

I am thinking of buying this on Mon/Tues during Prime Days.  I realize it may not do anything for the taste of a steak, but it sure looks neat if it can do what it shows in the video.  I read some of the reviews and some folks seem to really like it.  They are even putting it on top of the grill grates and still getting the marks.  I wonder if you could do the same on a pellet grill that can get about 450°.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A9SV3K?pf_rd_r=B4E2K6G162CZF13BTSSS&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=eb739c70-075f-46f6-8feb-d7864b7af4ea&pd_rd_w=UvZXe&pd_rd_wg=10aCP&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2021, 07:47:16 PM »

It would eliminate the need for the 45° turn!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2021, 08:02:39 PM »

It would eliminate the need for the 45° turn!

Yep, that was my thought for getting it.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2021, 10:03:13 AM »

Once the steak is done, if you have the patience, place one peppercorn in the centre of each diamond (pepper steak - fancy)..  :D

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2021, 04:13:56 PM »

I am thinking of buying this on Mon/Tues during Prime Days.  I realize it may not do anything for the taste of a steak, but it sure looks neat if it can do what it shows in the video.  I read some of the reviews and some folks seem to really like it.  They are even putting it on top of the grill grates and still getting the marks.  I wonder if you could do the same on a pellet grill that can get about 450°.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A9SV3K?pf_rd_r=B4E2K6G162CZF13BTSSS&pf_rd_p=5ae2c7f8-e0c6-4f35-9071-dc3240e894a8&pd_rd_r=eb739c70-075f-46f6-8feb-d7864b7af4ea&pd_rd_w=UvZXe&pd_rd_wg=10aCP&ref_=pd_gw_unk

It arrived today.  Will see if I can make something on it this weekend.  If no, I will definitely make something on July 4th weekend.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2021, 04:51:07 PM »

I would think it would make a pork loin look pretty special!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2021, 07:13:14 PM »

I need some practice with it, but it certainly looks like it does as advertised.  The sear burner is on the left side of the grate which is why I think they got darker marks than the right side did.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up