Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 02 Jun 2021
  • So much for El Dorado.  Back to Amazon tomorrow!

• #17 by Bentley on 02 Jun 2021
  • Glad I saw your post before diving in like I was going to!  And I was thinking of this as the 3rd time is the Charm, but now I will have to read the reviews and see if folks talk about blowing breakers all the time!

VBENLEM 22" Electric Countertop Flat Top Griddle 110V 3000W Non-Stick Commercial Stainless Steel Adjustable Temperature Control 122°F-572°F

I can't figure out why some one does not make an electric one that is this big.  Even heating.

Probably because it would require more than 1500W current to power something that large and get it up to the desired temperature.  Most kitchen circuits are 15amp breakers and would blow with a load large enough to power it up.

• #18 by BigDave83 on 02 Jun 2021
  • The one in the picture is probably 208 or 220V maybe it would be worth wiring up and outlet.

I have one of these, it works well, never tried to do smash burgers on it, I doubt the plastic legs would like that.

https://www.amazon.com/Presto-Durarock-Griddle-Inch-Black/dp/B084Y41W76/ref=sr_1_25?dchild=1&keywords=electric+griddle&qid=1622671051&sr=8-25

This one is 110V. I think the issue you would have is the same reason I did not buy  commercial griddle, I'm cheap, I would spend more on energy to heat up a 1/2" or 3/4" thick cook surface than it would take for me to actually cook what I wanted. Not to mention time to heat would be much longer for me than cook time.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-eg16n-16-electric-countertop-griddle-120v-1750w/177EG16N.html

Blackstone has and Eseries sold at Wally World it is only shown as 600W but people on the BS facebook pages that have them seem to like them. They are making them in a 22" but I don't think they have gotten unloaded from the boat yet. Here is the 17"

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-E-Series-17-Electric-Tabletop-Griddle-with-Hood/776744798

There is this 2 burner propane kind of a blackstone knock off, but says 22K BTU. My single burner with the redneck wind guards is 12K BTU it will do smash burgers. I think the wind guards hold heat and probably get me a little more surface temp. If I remember I shot it  few times with the IR Temp gun and got 400°+ readings on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Camplux-Tabletop-Portable-Connector-Picnicking/dp/B08JGJZHPF/ref=sr_1_22?dchild=1&keywords=gas+griddle&qid=1622671989&sr=8-22

Good luck to you and your searching.
  • #19 by Free Mr. Tony on 02 Jun 2021
  • I like how everything in the picture has grill marks while sitting on a flat top griddle.
  • #20 by bregent on 02 Jun 2021
  • I've got a Little Griddle GQ-230 that I use on my Weber gas grill. Works great but would probably work even better on a stove top since the heat source is closer.   Here are some thick burgers from a few years ago.

• #21 by Bar-B-Lew on 02 Jun 2021
  • bregent, what setting are your burners set at when you use the griddle?  I just got the 180 little griddle today for my weber.
  • #22 by bregent on 02 Jun 2021
  • I set all burners, including the sear burner, to high and preheat for at least 15 minutes. I'll sometimes keep the lid closed while preheating to speed things up. However, my Weber is NG, not propane. Although both NG and propane in that model are rated at the same BTU, I don't believe it. A friend has the propane version and it gets hotter.
  • #23 by reubenray on 03 Jun 2021
  • Good luck in your search Bentley, but I am happy with either my 17" Blackstone or my GrillGrates.
  • #24 by 02ebz06 on 03 Jun 2021
  • Glad I saw your post before diving in like I was going to!  And I was thinking of this as the 3rd time is the Charm, but now I will have to read the reviews and see if folks talk about blowing breakers all the time!

VBENLEM 22" Electric Countertop Flat Top Griddle 110V 3000W Non-Stick Commercial Stainless Steel Adjustable Temperature Control 122°F-572°F

I can't figure out why some one does not make an electric one that is this big.  Even heating.

Probably because it would require more than 1500W current to power something that large and get it up to the desired temperature.  Most kitchen circuits are 15amp breakers and would blow with a load large enough to power it up.

3000W would require 25A.   (3000W / 120V = 25A)
    It would need a 120V/30A outlet or a 240V/15A outlet.

• #25 by pmillen on 03 Jun 2021
  • A friend has the propane version and it gets hotter.

Yeah, propane burns hotter.  It has more carbon atoms and correspondingly more hydrogen atoms.

Methane ... CH4
    Ethane ..... C2H6
    Propane ... C3H8

(As I recall)
  • #26 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2021
  • So is Natural Gas "cracked" like crude oil to produce the other gasses?
  • #27 by yorkdude on 03 Jun 2021
  • Don’t quote me on this but I believe it is a by-product of refining coal and gas, again not sure but what I have heard.
  • #28 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2021
  • I was thinking about that.   I think I will use it much more if it can be put on the range, then cleaned and put in pantry.  I think something like the Sizzle Q or Little Q may be the answer!

Gee, Bentley, maybe you should consider a Blackstone or similar.  Wind blockers are available.
  • #29 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jun 2021
  • The one I bought says it is not made for use indoors on a range.
  • #30 by BigDave83 on 03 Jun 2021
  • If you are wanting something for inside maybe have a look at these.

https://steelmadeusa.com/collections/flat-top-grills?pf_t_appliance_type=Range
Pages:
Actions