Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bentley on 03 Jun 2021
  • I have decided I want CI.  May be time to get back to basics.  Not the size I want, but it appears that is not gonna happen.  Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle

When ya break it down, it is gonna be cheese steak, or smash burgers, or eggs and bacon and toast, maybe some teppanyaki on a small scale.  So maybe 16 x 9 will do.  I know I will like the CI!

• #32 by reubenray on 04 Jun 2021
  • While leaving Sam's Club last week I noticed a cooktop cast iron griddle on display.  I had already checked out so I did not check into it more.  I tried to find it on their website with no luck.  It did appear to be heavy cast iron for putting on top of the heat source.  I would estimate it to be 12" by 16".
  • #33 by 02ebz06 on 04 Jun 2021
  • I have decided I want CI.  May be time to get back to basics.  Not the size I want, but it appears that is not gonna happen.  Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle

When ya break it down, it is gonna be cheese steak, or smash burgers, or eggs and bacon and toast, maybe some teppanyaki on a small scale.  So maybe 16 x 9 will do.  I know I will like the CI!

Nice looking griddle.
    Not the size you want, but you should be able to make it work, just taking a little longer to cook everything.
  • #34 by pmillen on 04 Jun 2021
  • I was thinking about that.   I think I will use it much more if it can be put on the range, then cleaned and put in pantry.  I think something like the Sizzle Q or Little Q may be the answer!

Gee, Bentley, maybe you should consider a Blackstone or similar.  Wind blockers are available.

:)  Funny.  I bought the Blackstone for exactly the opposite reason—to griddle-cook outdoors so as to not smoke-up or smell-up the house.  Also, the 36-inch wingspan is wonderful when I want to spread out.  I'm becoming the neighborhood stir-fry king.
  • #35 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Jun 2021
  • I was thinking about that.   I think I will use it much more if it can be put on the range, then cleaned and put in pantry.  I think something like the Sizzle Q or Little Q may be the answer!

Gee, Bentley, maybe you should consider a Blackstone or similar.  Wind blockers are available.

:)  Funny.  I bought the Blackstone for exactly the opposite reason—to griddle-cook outdoors so as to not smoke-up or smell-up the house.  Also, the 36-inch wingspan is wonderful when I want to spread out.  I'm becoming the neighborhood stir-fry king.

Yes, but you are probably not starting your cooks at 10 pm!
  • #36 by pmillen on 04 Jun 2021
  • :)  Funny.  I bought the Blackstone for exactly the opposite reason—to griddle-cook outdoors so as to not smoke-up or smell-up the house.  Also, the 36-inch wingspan is wonderful when I want to spread out.  I'm becoming the neighborhood stir-fry king.
    Yes, but you are probably not starting your cooks at 10 pm!

You have that right.  10 PM is about the end of my day.  (I have an 85 lb. Weimaraner nosing on my ears at 5:15 every morning.)
  • #37 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2021
  • I just picked up one of these this afternoon and used the $100 gift card I got when I bought my Weber.  You take out one of the 3 grill grates and drop this griddle in its place.  I plan to cook some bacon with it tonight or tomorrow morning.  I also have some buffalo chicken lunch meat that I will griddle up for a cheesesteak too.

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/accessories-by-category/tools--et--cookware/griddle-7599/7599.html
  • #38 by Bentley on 05 Jun 2021
  • Not to be a downer, but the one reason I sent that 1st one back was the Porcelain-enameled metal, not a cooking surface for me!  I realize Weber made their name with it but it is not something I enjoy cooking on.
  • #39 by Bar-B-Lew on 05 Jun 2021
  • Not to be a downer, but the one reason I sent that 1st one back was the porcelain coated metal, not a cooking surface for me!

Yeah, I was/am skeptical about it too.  I have some silicone and nylon cooking tools that I am going to try using.  I actually think I can put the Weber griddle and the Sizzle Q griddle in the grill at the same time.  I'm going to give that a try.
  • #40 by Bentley on 15 Jun 2021
  • No more predictions!  I will simply cook on it and let you know!  I do like the temperature after 5 minutes!

• #41 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • I was thinking of you the other day when I was griddling and wondering whatever happened to your griddle you ordered?  I hope you finally found what you wanted.

If anyone knows where I can find a high heat silicone scraper with at least a six inch handle to scrape porcelain finish griddle LMK.
  • #42 by Bentley on 15 Jun 2021
  • Was in the mid 500° when put on.  I am starting to think the patty needs to be 3oz. or less, these were each about 4.5oz and it is just not right.

• #43 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • the burgers i made on the griddle this weekend were the best that i have ever made but i did not get a crust on them
  • #44 by BigDave83 on 15 Jun 2021
  • I have done 5 to 6 oz balls of meat with good results. Or to me they were good. I use 80/20 usually and have used 93/7 a few times, but they will dry out if to thin or cooked for to long.  I have not gotten in to grinding my own blends. I have done 2/3 ground chuck and 1/3 ground pork butt. I did not smash these but run them through my patty maker, they were about 6 oz. added some Con Yeager Steakburger seasoning to them when mixing.
  • #45 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jun 2021
  • I did not hold them down for 10 seconds when I smashed them so that may be part of the reason I didn't get the crust.  After I finish the burgers I have, I will try again.  Probably on July 4th weekend.
Pages:
Actions