Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pellet size  (Read 810 times)

rughead

• Using less gas.
Pellet size
« on: June 15, 2021, 07:30:23 PM »

I have not seen anything on this subject here on Pellet Fan. If there is any info please let me know.

As you all know, different brands of pellets are different in size. My question is ..

if different brands are used together, then you have different size pellets in the hopper, does/will that effect
 anything? My main concern is the auger, can they get jammed up etc?

Thanks in advance..
Traeger Texas 075

SmokinHandyman

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Springfield, Illinois
Re: Pellet size
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 08:13:14 PM »

I think you will be fine.
If you are gonna cook, Make it a fun day even when ya mess it up!                     Louisiana LG700

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 08:55:58 PM »

I have heard that long pellets that are close to two inches long have caused issues in some augers.  In fact, I think I have an issue with my MAK because of the pellets that I have not fixed since last BBQ.  On my to do list. I found that augers that have a verticle drop to not have as many issues as those that have horizontal flow.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 09:58:58 PM »

It will not be an issue.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 09:21:49 AM »

Pellet Standards

Lauzon                                                        Industry Standard

<.3%                     FINES                                 < .5%

1/4"                       DIAMETER                           1/4" to 5/16"

1/4" to 1"               LENGTH                               Less than 1 1/2"

Less than .4%        INORGANIC ASH                   Less than 1%

Less than .2%         DUST                                        Not listed

Greater than 9,000  BTU/LB                                Average 8,000
 Copied from their website.         

Modify message
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 06:27:57 PM by Canadian John »Report to moderator    50.100.26.245
Pages: [1]   Go Up