Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Down In Bermuda"  (Read 983 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: "Down In Bermuda"
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 08:38:39 AM »

It looked a little fatty to me. We did not try it. All of their other meats were great.  They use only prime for steaks and roasts. The braised short ribs were braised for 6 hours and were wonderful. Of course the king crab was frozen but tasted fresh as served. It was served cold but I asked and they nuked it and made drawn butter for me--must have been over a pound or so. More was offered but declined. I even ate a filet mignon one day and a New York strip the next. Both were prime an perfectly done to order. Had a crispy skinned capon one night. They also had two specialty restaurants:  Manfredi Italian:  We ate there once and were not disappointed. Also, "The Chef's Table" which served an all Mexican dinner--but not like any we had eaten. No Tex met. and no really hot spices. It was great food but not my favorite. In the upper deck open cafeteria (from 7AM to midnight) home made pastry and breads and also some of the best home made ice cream. Chef standing by to whip up your personal requests.  However, we ate most of our meals in the sit down dining room which was served very formally, although we only had to wear long pants and collared shirts. No dress up. In our cabin we had free laundry service, and shoe shining. Fresh towels daily, and full clean up each day. We are spoiled.  Would go with Viking again. 

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 10:00:54 AM »

Looks like some great food.  What cruise line did you take ?
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

okie smokie

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »

VIKING

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2021, 10:35:02 AM »

Taken a couple cruises on Princess.  Food was very good, but I have to admit it looks like Viking has a better variety.
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2021, 12:25:28 PM »

Gotta love cruises.  Been on about 30, but never Viking.  Might need to give them a shot when we go back to cruising.  Did you ever make it to the Swizzle Inn?

okie smokie

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »

Gotta love cruises.  Been on about 30, but never Viking.  Might need to give them a shot when we go back to cruising.  Did you ever make it to the Swizzle Inn?
Went by it on a tour. Had rum swizzle on catamaran tour and swim. In fact had more than one. Sneaks up on you. Had very little free time on the island, Hamilton downtown was very high end since all is imported. Very fancy bars, restaurants and retail sales.  We were parked across from Flanagan's pub, but did not go. Had our cocktails on board since they were free. Probably should have tried out the local pubs anyhow, (cheapskate).  Was very impressed with the tour guides. Not only their local knowledge, but their education as well. Many locals go to US for college, although they have a small college there. Nice to be on a tropical island with English as the main language. One of our guides had been a local police for 30 years before retirement. Got to know Michael Douglas (has a home there and walks daily alone. Very friendly with the locals. Zita Jones not out much and not very friendly).  The locals are not impressed with celebrities. No special treatment.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2021, 06:21:28 PM »

Never had a problem with the booze...many times though I would get bad Ice and that would causes hangovers and and at times I would break out in hand-cuffs!

Had rum swizzle on catamaran tour and swim. In fact had more than one. Sneaks up on you.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Brushpopper

• "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2021, 10:06:41 AM »

Never had a problem with the booze...many times though I would get bad Ice and that would causes hangovers and and at times I would break out in hand-cuffs!

Had rum swizzle on catamaran tour and swim. In fact had more than one. Sneaks up on you.

That bad ice got me a few times in my younger years.  Now I only use ice made here at home but I usually stick with cold beers.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2021, 10:23:12 AM »

I've had some bad ice in my younger days as well.

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2021, 02:17:56 PM »

Sounds like a great trip.  Bermuda is a great place.  With how much everything cost on the island, especially adult beverages, it is hard to drink enough "bad ice" to cause any ill effects or "hand-cuff" mornings.....hahaha. 

okie smokie

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2021, 06:27:31 PM »

Sounds like a great trip.  Bermuda is a great place.  With how much everything cost on the island, especially adult beverages, it is hard to drink enough "bad ice" to cause any ill effects or "hand-cuff" mornings.....hahaha.
We did not imbibe island ice and drinks. We had the liquor package as a gift from Viking. All their water is made on the ship. So the ice and water were no problem. Since we drink very little alcohol, we did not take advantage of booze gift.  Also, were given water to take ashore.  All the roofs on the island are made of slate and coated with white cement material, and they catch all the rain water from their roofs and store it is cisterns beneath each house and building. I suspect they still have to filter and treat it to be safe from mold etc. I suspect the ships water is made from sea water as is the case on most large cruise ships now. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2021, 06:42:33 PM »

JaJaJa...I love it!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up