Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help Needed with a non-site Photo Technical Issue  (Read 484 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Help Needed with a non-site Photo Technical Issue
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:04:22 AM »

I thought I would ask folks on the site since there is such an array of skills and knowledge here.

To start, I have no technical skills.  It is a big deal for me to attach one photo to an email and it seems that if I try to attach more than 3, the email won't go through.

Knight went up to guide college, but decided he did not want to guide.  So he has been adopted by a family with 4 other labs and they live on the water and have a dock.  He will be in heaven!!!  I asked if they would like any of his baby photos and videos and they would.  But I don't want to send them 50 emails.  Is there something I can do where I put everything in some type of album and send them the album or a link or something?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Help Needed with a non-site Photo Technical Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 11:18:28 AM »

You could setup a dropbox account, upload the files to a folder, and provide them access to the folder.  You could do the same with google drive or google photos too.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2021, 12:18:56 PM »

I think that you could reduce the size of the photos and attach more than three.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

W6YJ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2021, 01:00:00 PM »

BBL has the correct answer if you don't want to reduce the video and photo resolution.

DropBox Basic is free and will give you 2GB of sharable storage.

Chris__M

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • Food Adventure
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 01:36:38 PM »

Or if you have already got a Google or Gmail account, you can use

https://photos.google.com/

The free tier of Google Drive gives you 15Gb. You can access Google Drive itself for documents and things, but as it is pictures, it is easier to simply use the Photos part as above.

After logging on, you can use the Upload link in the top right corner to upload the photos - you can select multiple files at the same time.

When they have uploaded, you will be asked to add them to an album. Click "Add to album", then click on "New Album"

Add a title then click the blue tick at the top left. Then on the top right, you will have a "Share" option where you can type in someone's email address and invite them to that album.

Dropbox is also a good option - I use it all the time. But I think for a novice, Google Photos is easier, especially if you already have a Google account.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

W6YJ

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2021, 01:51:08 PM »

One (slight) downside to Google Photos is it reduces resolution if the images are larger than 16MB even if you have your settings set to high resolution.

Depending on how the photos were taken, it might not be a problem at all.

focuspuller

• Knows what a Pellet Is.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 02:31:17 PM »

You can put them on a thumb drive or a DVD and send that to them by snail-mail.
You won't loose quality with this method.
One If By Land
Two If By Sea
Three If By Limo

Fire708

• Shelton!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 08:28:35 PM »

I use Dropbox as Bar-b-lew recommends. Once uploaded you can create a link that only allows others to see what you share. You can share a whole folder if you want.

If you have a google account you can use your google drive to do the exact same thing. Microsoft one drive is another option.

The other options like iPhoto sharing, google photos, Flickr will work also but you will lose some resolution. Mose people won’t notice if your using a camera over 6 megapixel.

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2021, 03:03:56 PM »

You can put them on a thumb drive or a DVD and send that to them by snail-mail.
You won't loose quality with this method.

This is how I would do it.  The path of the lowest stress.  Most of the online storage is pretty limited.   

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2021, 05:57:15 PM »

Yes, but then one would have to know what a thumb drive is and how you put things on it.  Also need to know how to put things on a CD.  When I say I am no tech most of you can not imagine my level of ignorance -- too many years of a superior legal secretary who did everything for me!  But with ChrisM's instructions, I was able to figure out Google photos and they have already been sent.  Thanks to all for your input!!!

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2021, 06:33:24 PM »

How about this:
Make a new file box on the Desktop. Go to photos and drag the ones you want to send into the new file. (drag and drop).  Then start you letter, and drag and drop the "new file" (or name it ) onto the letter.  Done!

TravlinMan

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2021, 09:47:40 PM »

Most e-mail systems will only allow attachments ‘under a given size’. It’s just the way it is under the ‘standard e-mail’. Usually around 10mb

As mentioned previously, you can use a photo/file sharing site like drop box, etc. Or use one from Google, Microsoft and maybe Apple to upload your photos to and share them via a link sent to the recipients email.

Best to talk with the recipient and find a method for sharing/transferring the pics that works best for both parties..

………….. :bbq:
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG
Pages: [1]   Go Up