Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by yorkdude on 09 Feb 2022
  • My good friend has been building a 66 LeMans for about 3 years. Twin turbos and a legit 1160 hp on a chassis dyno. He is seriously an outstanding fabricator, this was all done by him and another gearhead.
  • #2 by Brushpopper on 09 Feb 2022
  • Outstanding!  That is a lot of HP on a chassis dyno.
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 09 Feb 2022
  • That is one bad-a$$ machine.
    With all that horsepower, it will need wider tires in back.
    Is the body going to be done as well ?
  • #4 by yorkdude on 09 Feb 2022
  • That is one bad-a$$ machine.
    With all that horsepower, it will need wider tires in back.
    Is the body going to be done as well ?
    He is really torn about the body, probably hard to tell but it is quite straight with very good fits, especially considering it’s age and it being a long door car. The reason for his reluctance (body wise) is his love for annihilating the unexpecting Mustang, Corvette, Challenger etc. He is extremely low key and comfortable in his talents. He does not run around town “punking” people. He lets them pick the fight. It actually behaves fairly well when you drop the hammer. It will boil the tires but he just soft launches and let the car settle and the spinners build boost and then the excitement begins. I have been in it many times throughout his build and I have experienced a few massive tire boils that begin somewhere around 50-60 mph. I will get under carriage photos, it is not even close to stock either.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 09 Feb 2022
  • Having a raised hood will be a good indication that there is not a 6-cylinder engine under it.
    And I'm guessing it has a pretty good rumble at idle.
  • #6 by pmillen on 09 Feb 2022
  • I love door slammers.

I'd tub the rear end a bit and find wide tires that'll let it hook up.
Pages:
Actions