Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy St. Patrick's Day -- Show Us Your Irish!  (Read 383 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Happy St. Patrick's Day -- Show Us Your Irish!
« on: March 17, 2022, 08:05:20 AM »

OK friends, show us your Irish today -- pets, parades, humans, food.  First up is Hawkeye O'Pup wishing everyone the top o' the morning!  Later will be photos of corn beef, cabbage, potatoes and Irish soda bread.

[ Invalid Attachment ]  

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day -- Show Us Your Irish!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 08:54:47 AM »

I think I am going to have a Guinness tonight.  I do have on a green punk rock band t-shirt with a four leaf clover on it.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »

I think I am going to have a Guinness tonight.  I do have on a green punk rock band t-shirt with a four leaf clover on it.

I have Guinness in the fridge, we can do a  virtual toast.   ;D
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 11:51:32 AM »

Our corned beef and cabbage are cooking away in the crockpot and one of our neighbors dropped off soda bread yesterday.

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2022, 01:42:44 PM »

I have Guinness in the fridge, we can do a  virtual toast.   ;D

Ditto
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 03:14:04 PM »

This is the best I can do!  It went even lower, $1.79/lb. with coupon at the end.

"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2022, 07:27:22 PM »

Corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes and Irish soda bread (store bought but pretty tasty!)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2022, 08:12:56 PM »

Under the weather today didn't fix mine  I did make my Irish soda bread yesterday.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
FE PG 1000

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2022, 02:01:37 AM »

Corned beef, cabbage, boiled potatoes and Irish soda bread (store bought but pretty tasty!)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

I developed my appreciation for cabbage eating corned beef and cabbage. I could eat a quarter of a head with each meal.

More cabbage and some carrots and that is right in my wheelhouse.

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2022, 11:35:44 PM »

My daughter does traditional Irish dance so St. Patrick's  Day is a whirlwind for us. My daughter dances for a place called Millennium Academy of Irish Dance and we had a number of girls qualify for Nationals, as well as a single girl qualify for the World Championships for Irish dance. Obviously the travel isn't cheap so each year, typically the Saturday before, and the day of, the girls are organized into a few groups of 8 to do pub tours, where they will dance and pass a hat for donations to help offset some travel costs. There is a large Irish population in Columbus, Ohio so on St. Patrick's Day each year there is a huge event called the Irish Family Reunion held at the Convention Center in Columbus. In this first picture my daughter and those other girls and guys that were allowed to miss school to dance at the Irish Family Reunion did just that.

My daughter Kahlan is the younger girl, she is 8 and it was her first time doing the pub tours this year. The older girl, Ava, held my daughter's hand and was her buddy when they passed the hat at the different locations. Between an early performance for the Columbus Fire Department St. Patrick's Day party, and the Saturday before, and the day of, my daughter and the 7 other girl's managed to pull in $2800 to help offset the costs for girls going to Worlds and Nationals. I know our studio had 4 additional groups of 8 girls out also passing the hat. I hope if my daughter makes it that far they will have successful pub tours if that ends up with me paying for all of the travel.

Mak 2 Star General #1799

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2022, 06:51:38 AM »

Thanks for posting elenis, I love learning about members families and activities.  Good luck to all the members of your club and great job in fundraising!

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 08:11:36 AM »

Thanks for posting elenis, I love learning about members families and activities.  Good luck to all the members of your club and great job in fundraising!

I agree and thanks for posting elenis.  I'm glad to know there is some normalcy going on in the world.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2022, 10:46:12 PM »

I agree and thanks for posting elenis.  I'm glad to know there is some normalcy going on in the world.

My daughter is definitely a Covid dancer. She started in 2020 and just as she was getting ready for the St. Patrick's Day Parade everything closed. Oddly, St. Patrick's Day is a really big deal in Columbus because of the suburb of Dublin. They hold a parade that actually gets the big balloons and all like they have in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. That year and last year it was cancelled and this year it was going to happen until they cancelled it 3 days prior because we were supposed to have 20 mph winds, which, as one might imagine doesn't work with giant snoopy's and the like. She had to do distance classes for almost 8 months and when her mom and I know nothing trying to help her dance through Zoom just doesn't work that well. She also didn't get to feis (Irish dance competition) for a long time and when she did they had to wear masks for it. Until last week they had to wear masks while dancing at her lessons. We aren't particularly Irish, but it is a really neat cultural dance and there are lots of studios that teach it in our area compared to most. I like that they are rather modest in dress. If a girl under 13 were to wear make up to a competition she would be disqualified. They also are disqualified if the dress is too short, or if they can see your collar bone. Quite a difference between that and the competitive dance many people think of, using lots of make up and dressing skimpy, while doing very sexualized dancing.
Mak 2 Star General #1799
Pages: [1]   Go Up