Winter
- 3 (9.7%)
No particular off season
- 22 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by jdmessner on 15 Jul 2022
  • I don't quite know why, but I have not really felt like cooking much this summer. I guess it goes in cycles. However, it seems like as a general rule I probably grill more in the fall and the cold of winter, than I do in the spring and the summer. Am I just backwards? Just curious if others have a particular season they favor for outdoor cooking. 
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Jul 2022
  • Usually more Fall cooking for me in prep for Winter and I vac seal and freeze a bunch to eat while it is cold outside.
  • #3 by Bentley on 15 Jul 2022
  • Late Fall for me!
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 15 Jul 2022
  • I did not vote as I am pretty consistent all year round.  Usually 3-4 days a week on one of the pits.
  • #5 by ylr on 15 Jul 2022
  • I don't have an off season, either. Any way to edit the poll?
  • #6 by jdmessner on 16 Jul 2022
  • I don't have an off season, either. Any way to edit the poll?

Done
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 16 Jul 2022
  • I am all year round for the most part also. In the winter for smoke I use the little electric cookshack, I have a range hood over it for venting the smoke. Most of the other times I use one of the pellet or charcoal cooking things. I will say I use the gas griddle more than all of them combined.
  • #8 by 02ebz06 on 16 Jul 2022
  • All year here, I go in spurts.
    Cook a bunch, then eat the all cooked meat in the freezer, then start cooking again.
  • #9 by Canadian John on 16 Jul 2022

•  Lately, with age creeping up, being away and the regular May & June outdoor chores plus converting my 40 year + garden to grass, I have finally had some time to do some more outdoor cooking. Not as much

as I used to do which was almost always daily..

Long story short. Over the slump hump, for now.

Yes there were times in the past where I simply didn't feel like cooking. For that matter doing much of anything.
  • #10 by okie smokie on 16 Jul 2022
  • The heat here has turned me off lately.  Been around 95--102 for the last 3 weeks or more. Still grilling/smoking but less frequent until it cools off.. Dry heat here, but as I recall, the heat in your area is more humid?
  • #11 by Canadian John on 16 Jul 2022
  • The heat here has turned me off lately.  Been around 95--102 for the last 3 weeks or more. Still grilling/smoking but less frequent until it cools off.. Dry heat here, but as I recall, the heat in your area is more humid?
      Yupper! It's humid around the great lakes.. We live ~ 10 miles north of  lake erie.  Ironically, this year has been DRY. We have a 3 month rain deficit with little promise of kind of precipitation.
  • #12 by urnmor on 18 Jul 2022
  • I know it can get hot in the summer especially for us seniors.  that said I do cook outside all year round to include the summer.  IMO the advantage of cooking outside in the summer is the house stays coolers as the stove is not on.
  • #13 by Brushpopper on 18 Jul 2022
  • I try to cook outside during the summer too.  It's been over 100 here every day but two for about two months I think.
  • #14 by jgrayson on 18 Jul 2022
  • I cook outside year round here in Washington, DC.  I really dislike hot and humid weather so I tend to do quicker cooks in the summer to minimize my time outside checking on things.
  • #15 by okie smokie on 18 Jul 2022
  • I try to cook outside during the summer too.  It's been over 100 here every day but two for about two months I think.
    You must be close to me. Same here in Tulsa, and next two weeks we will have temps up to 110*  New records for high and number of days. Looks like a new Dust Bowl is in progress. Hope and pray the electric grid does not fail.(as predicted)
Pages:
Actions