Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Paint for Lil Tex  (Read 1166 times)

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
Re: Best Paint for Lil Tex
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 01:00:12 PM »

I talked to customer service at Traeger and the rep said they wouldn’t sell me paint because of the fire hazard!

“Yes, the rust is something that will eventually appear with the usage of the grill keep in mind that most of the paint is flammable therefore that can cause a fire so we prefer to have rust on a grill than to have a fire that's why we don't recommend any touch up job to our customers for their safety”

:D :D

Sadly this would not have been an issue 25 years ago. People were not as sue happy and, maybe had more sense than they do today.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 05:35:35 PM »

Well dried high temp spray paint is not flammable. And tho it might be combustible, the temp rating of 2000* aint gonna happen in any grill that I know of. So I agree with Dave.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 06:25:16 PM »

I talked to customer service at Traeger and the rep said they wouldn’t sell me paint because of the fire hazard!

“Yes, the rust is something that will eventually appear with the usage of the grill keep in mind that most of the paint is flammable therefore that can cause a fire so we prefer to have rust on a grill than to have a fire that's why we don't recommend any touch up job to our customers for their safety”

Sadly this would not have been an issue 25 years ago. People were not as sue happy and, maybe had more sense than they do today.

I started practicing law over 35 years ago.  I was a defense attorney.  Believe me, people were just as sue happy then as they are now and I have the ridiculous case stories to prove it.

02ebz06

• Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2022, 07:00:16 PM »

When I lived in Cincinnati, my neighbor, an attorney, told me that if you shovel snow off the sidewalk and someone slips and falls, they can sue because you didn't do it properly.
If you don't shovel it, and someone slips and falls, the snow is just a natural disaster and they can't sue you.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven

just4fn

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2022, 10:44:15 PM »

Huh???  It's been a while but they used sell it on their website.  Looks like lawyers got involved again!! 
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

smokymtnjonny

• Using less gas.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2022, 07:09:35 AM »

You’re probably right. No one in their right mind would say rust in your cooker is a good thing.

okie smokie

• Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2022, 11:07:51 PM »

You’re probably right. No one in their right mind would say rust in your cooker is a good thing.
Good source of iron!

Canadian John

• HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2022, 07:28:57 AM »

Perhaps I am missing something. Painting the inside and outside or only the outside ?

For the inside I would scrape clean & oil such as canola,grapeseed etc. It will bake on & season the pit. Yes it will need some minor upkeep. It's safe & the least amount ok work.

The outside is the challenge. Rust, any rust is virtually impossible to eradicate especially in corners 7 joints. There are chemical rust neutralizers that can help. The non powder coat finish available to us isn't

very durable. It also is easily marked (a shiney ares) by brushing aganst it.

There is an option. That is oil coating the outside as in seasoning cast iron.. Looks different & may not be appealing. See this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFp9j28mxKc

smokymtnjonny

• Using less gas.
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2022, 09:23:38 AM »

I was talking about painting the outside.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up