Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GMG 's wifi app kind of sucks  (Read 982 times)

just4fn

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
GMG 's wifi app kind of sucks
« on: August 27, 2023, 12:37:22 PM »

so I used the new app last night to cook a pork steak.  What a nightmare.  It kept disconnecting.  I don't think it's my wifi because everything else was ok.  Maybe their server was overloaded since it was a Saturday night?  I can't use the old app because it only shows 1 probe and I can't seem to downgrade to the legacy firmware because error pops up.  I hope it was just an overloaded server.
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: GMG 's wifi app kind of sucks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2023, 01:21:37 PM »

None of those shenanigans for me. I am too old to be fidgeting with temperamental high tech devices... As once said, cooking should be a pleasurable experience.

just4fn

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2023, 01:31:02 PM »

Once you get used to the remote monitoring it is convenient. It's nice to set up the grill profiles and use them also.  I like to use all the features I paid for whether  it be a grill or a new car.
GMG Daniel Boone, Blackstone 36 griddle, Primo XL Kamado with Flame Boss 300 and a FireBoard.

Hank D Thoreau

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Civil but disobedient
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 01:14:58 AM »

Does the new app work with the Daniel Boone? I am still using the old app, which for me, is working fine.

I only use it to control the temperature setting since I am using a Thermoworks Signals for temperature monitoring. I get much better temperatures from the Signals since I can place the probes where the meat is.

Signals has a wifi app as well.

just4fn

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2023, 12:00:01 AM »

Not the 120v model.  I don't think it even works with the Daniel Boone prime. I believe it only works with the Prime plus and the Ledge/Peak
Pages: [1]   Go Up