Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Your County Have a Good Fair?  (Read 611 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Does Your County Have a Good Fair?
« on: December 12, 2017, 02:41:04 PM »

I was watching "Carnival Eats."  I like all the different foods -- some more than others.  Saw something that would be fun to try:  a pork belly Reuben.  But, I digress.

Watching the show made me think about county fairs.  The Fresno County Ca. Fair was a really excellent fair.  Great exhibits and some fun regional food like beer rocks.  But the Culpeper County Va Fair is really, really bad.  I would like to find some good county fairs that aren't a thousand mile drive.  Any recommendations?  Is your county's fair any good?

mowin

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Re: Does Your County Have a Good Fair?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 03:55:27 PM »

I believe our county Fair is the smallest in the state (NY), or close to it.  That said I've gone most yrs since 1965.

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:50:06 PM »

I live in Dallas county, no county fair, just the Texas State Fair once a year. It's okay I guess?
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:53:06 PM »

Although not a county fair, my town has a "Country Fair" every September.  It is a chance for the whole community to come out and just hang out for the day.  Loads of vendors come in with information tables and exhibits, fun and games for the little and mid school year kids, State Police usually fly in a helicopter, there is a community talent contest, local bands/performers are on stage all day, local restaurants have trucks/booths with great food (no adult beverages though -- unless you bring your own, wink wink), and the day is finished off with a fireworks show at the end of the night.  I live in a medium sized town 12,000, and we have been bringing the kids every year (well one has now moved out to college) since we moved to the town 17 years ago.  I am in NJ, so probably a pretty good ride for you, and a smaller town fair.
Pages: [1]   Go Up